BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i don't think my fuel pump is bad car still starts and drives fine although when it is extremely hot or i been driving all day and use the AC. I get the fuel supply message and the car cuts off goes to neutral will not start until i let it cool down.

anybody experience this ?

I've ordered a used ekpm3 ( fuel module ) from Latvia which will take forever i may have to just buy another one from eBay a little bit closer?

does anyone know if this has to be coded if its coming from a another 7 series ?

hopefully this helps can't take this much longer

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If you get one that came from the exact same model, then no need for coding. For new units or for those from other models the characteristic curves need to be matched to the car.

The engine control unit calculates the required fuel quantity based on the driver's choice and the operating condition of the motor at that particular time. The required total quantity is sent as a message to the control unit of the electronic fuel pump control module (EKPS) via the bus. This message is converted by the control unit into a pulse-width modulated output voltage. For this purpose, the characteristic curves for the fuel requirements are stored in the control unit. The characteristic curves are coded for the specific motor and model.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get one that came from the exact same model, then no need for coding. For new units or for those from other models the characteristic curves need to be matched to the car.

The engine control unit calculates the required fuel quantity based on the driver's choice and the operating condition of the motor at that particular time. The required total quantity is sent as a message to the control unit of the electronic fuel pump control module (EKPS) via the bus. This message is converted by the control unit into a pulse-width modulated output voltage. For this purpose, the characteristic curves for the fuel requirements are stored in the control unit. The characteristic curves are coded for the specific motor and model.
thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perfecto!!! car started up slight hesitation maybe their is a fuel pump issue but i drove around for a while then put the car in the garage with the AC on high left it running for a hour and it never cut off so my guess is one issue is fixed $40 bucks compared to hundreds i can only imagine what the dealer would have charged

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
so i don't think my fuel pump is bad car still starts and drives fine although when it is extremely hot or i been driving all day and use the AC. I get the fuel supply message and the car cuts off goes to neutral will not start until i let it cool down.

anybody experience this ?

I've ordered a used ekpm3 ( fuel module ) from Latvia which will take forever i may have to just buy another one from eBay a little bit closer?

does anyone know if this has to be coded if its coming from a another 7 series ?

hopefully this helps can't take this much longer
hope its not from this seller from Riga, Latvia (msgruppaparts)
just had very horrible experience with this seller. sent me bad part then, tells me easy to fix I should do it, then when I had to put a claim on him to get refund he says I should of never touch it. anyways just got my refund order which will take another 2days. so a whole 3 weeks since this started.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hope its not from this seller from Riga, Latvia (msgruppaparts)
just had very horrible experience with this seller. sent me bad part then, tells me easy to fix I should do it, then when I had to put a claim on him to get refund he says I should of never touch it. anyways just got my refund order which will take another 2days. so a whole 3 weeks since this started.
no, "kamancia" was his username

1 - 9 of 9 Posts