BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased my car in April I have had so many problems, most related to the fuel system. I have replaced the fuel pump, and have had it in to my mechanic 3 times. Then I put in a fuel system cleanser and for the past two months things have been great, now it has started blowing fuses again. Mostly the fuel pump fuse, yesterday it finally stalled on the highway, I tried to do what I normally would and changed the fuse. Go to start... Blew fuse. I tried changing amperage. Didn't work. I think I went through 8 fuses In 30minutes. Replaced the fuel relay and it still won't start. Can anyone ruminate on this And help me with some advice please? Thanks!!!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
Did you ever change the fuel filter ?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
I'd take the back seat out and check the connections to the pump. Then, I'd probably replace the fuel pump relay. Then I'd replace the filter as bob said. Seems like an unusual issue, but is likely something simple. I'm leaning toward relay problem. They are behind the glovebox.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes

I have have already replaced the fuel pump. Last night I replaced the fuel relay, which my car insides did not look anywhere near what all the videos and pictures showed. My next project was to replace fuel filter, injectors, oil, air filters, and brakes.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Never up the amp rating of a fuse. Wanna set your car on fire?

Do the fuel filter as said. If still a problem, need to measure pressure and volume with standard tests.

Did your car run OK before the fuse blows? Accelerate hard OK?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
OP, you obviously have a wiring issue. The problem is in the wiring between the fuel pump relay and the pump. What car ever in an accident? Also, what brand of fuel pump did you install?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Also, what brand of fuel pump did you install?
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I strongly suggest Siemens / VDO which is OEM @ around $120 US or genuine BMW. It takes 15 minutes and a generic hose clamp to install. The hourly "book " rate on this is 2.5 hours. save $300-400 and do it yourself . I was quoted $550 last week.

·
Registered
436 Posts
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I strongly suggest Siemens / VDO which is OEM @ around $120 US or genuine BMW. It takes 15 minutes and a generic hose clamp to install. The hourly "book " rate on this is 2.5 hours. save $300-400 and do it yourself . I was quoted $550 last week.
There is a great DIY for this, just Google it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts