Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 330Ci with the M54 engine. I was replacing the "fuel tank breather valve" (purge valve) which is just under the front corner of the intake manifold.

While I was struggling to pull the valve free of the horizontal hose, the OTHER END of the hose/pipe came loose from somewhere out of sight. So now I have this hose/pipe in my hand and NO idea where it connects to. Help??

I've attached the part diagram of the hose/pipe in question.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks marcozandrini, that pointed me in the right direction. I've now finished watching a bunch of YouTube videos relating to the intake manifold. 50sKid and DIYdecember had camera shots I found useful. I'll link the screencaps here in answer to my own question, for whatever benefit my misery may bring to others contemplating purge valve replacement:

https://imgur.com/a/lqzUVdU

·
Tom
1 Posts
I just had the same problem with a 325i. I have also heard that you can get the plastic tube back onto the hose under the intake manifold with small hands. I could not do it and ended up taking enough of the engine apart to lift up the intact manifold and reattach the hose. A YouTube video on replacing the intake manifold gasket was a great help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem, evap hose came loose

I don't have small hands, but they aren't huge either, and my arms are pretty long. can anyone help me try to reattach the evap hose to the intake/engine? I'm reaching deep in there and can't find where it came loose! :dunno: hoping I don't have to pull the manifold out

·
Registered
4 Posts
got a neighbor with small hands to reattach it! winning! got it all back together with the new evap purge valve and hoping to pass deq next week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts