BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I posted up pictures of my breytonized e39 528i last time with just the front lip...

That thread is...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154293

If you haven't read the thread, skim through it maybe... This is kind of like Part 2 of it...

anyways...
someone very insightfully pointed out last time that the car looked "incomplete"
Which was the perfect comment, and I realized I needed to put the side skirts, and rear aprons on. So I did, and I also bought pair of m5 replica mirrors from a fellow member here, and also had them painted along with the side skirts, and rear aprons.

I also changed the wheels from OEM style 32's to these M6 Replica 18's with Falken 245/40/18 tires. I also raised my rear suspension a little bit, and now, when the car has 1/2 full tank, the car is completely level front to back, side to side. It doesn't change when I get in the car either. I think I'm going to raise it a little more in the rear because when it is full tank, the rear sits 1/8 inch lower at the rear.

If anybody is wondering about the weights of these wheels, I weighed them when I got it, and they are 1 pound heavier than style 32's 17 inch wheels. Style 32 with worn out tires weighed 46 pounds, and Miro M6 Replica 18's with brand new falkens weighed 47 pounds.
If anyone is interested in my old style 32 wheels, pm me with an offer, I will post pictures of the wheels here also.

Okay, so enjoy the pictures, and tell me what you think of my car...
and help me plow through some of these questions I have in my mind...

Some questions boggling in my mind right now are...

Should I paint the front molding white?
Should I paint the front lower mesh grill white?
Should I paint the rear molding white?
I think painting the front and rear molding might make it look more modern, but less aggresive. I tried a lot of photochopping, and I sort of came to conclusion that I like all the molding to be black, but I also like the clean look in the fron and the rear.

BTW I definitely think the side moldings look MUCH MUCH better with black moldings, especially on a white car. Otherside, it just looks too plain and chubby. Anyways, in the pictures, notice how the fender molding has chrome in it, should I get that blacked out too? I kind of like having just tiny bit of chrome right there.

Also, where should I put the breyton badge?
I have 2 badges.
I was thinking of painting one black, and putting the black badge at the rear where 528i badge used to be. Anyone have any better ideas?

OKAY......
AND PLEASE........
Any comments on above questions will be helpful, but
PLEASE.........
Save the comments on the taillights... They're real Hella Celis LED's. I think they look good on my car, and I plan on keeping on it, but many of you said bad things about it last time, and It almost made me buy another set of red taillights, but I've set my mind to keeping the tailiights because they look very unique, and so are my body kits, so I think they go pretty well. I know it looks like something from lexus, but I like how the sides are all chrome, and how the celis rods are white, and they light up pink during the day, and red at night. I've also done a lot of work in it to convert all the bulbs to LED's so no, unless I get some free red taillights, I'm not changing, and please save negative comments about taillights because I've heard enough of that.

ENJOY~

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Other than those lights....

Looks very good. Do you plan on an aftermarket exhaust? I wouldnt paint any of the mouldings or mesh. It looks good as-is. About the only thing I would do, other than the exhaust, is blend the body kit into the bumpers. I like the kit, just think it would look better if it appeared to be a full bumper cover instead of something 'tacked on'.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris51080 said:
Other than those lights....

Looks very good. Do you plan on an aftermarket exhaust? I wouldnt paint any of the mouldings or mesh. It looks good as-is. About the only thing I would do, other than the exhaust, is blend the body kit into the bumpers. I like the kit, just think it would look better if it appeared to be a full bumper cover instead of something 'tacked on'.
To be honest...
The whole body kit IS tacked on... haha... lol...

It's by breyton, and they know how to make body kits, without any tapes, these body kit just plugs into the car. What I did was simply put wide 3m molding tapes.

I thought about moulding them into the bumpers, but that cost $500 per bumper, and that makes it so that I can't take it off if I want to sell it....

Talk about selling... I was wondering how much someone would pay for my car if I listed it on ebay or here... hmm.....

BTW... I got these wheels from a shop a california, I can't remember the name, but they shipped it to my to new york with tires for $1,400 and the wheels are manufactured in california under a brand name called Miro. Another comapny has exact same M6 replica, but I'm not sure how heavy theirs is. I called the manufacture to ask about the weights before I bought the wheels because I didn't want to put on a lot of unsprung weight.

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
Car looks sweet....I love it all.....

except...:eeps:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AsianImage said:
Car looks sweet....I love it all.....

except...:eeps:
Okay... I'm scheduled to get my car aligned first thing tommorow morning, so I've been finalizing my suspension setup, and I think I've finally got it. The ride height in the front is 26 inches from ground to fenderwell, and ground clearance at the front lip is 5 inches, which clears a soda can with about 1/8 inch room.

In the rear, the ride height is 25 1/2 inch, but has 5.5 inches of ground clearance with Full tank of gas and no one in it.

The car is perfectly level left and right, and it feels like the center of weight is about right around the ash tray... but that's just my guess, but I think it is a pretty accurate guess as I've played with it a lot. When there is no gas, the center move forward a little, and also moves forward when there are front passengers, and moves backwards when there are rear passengers. I think it is perfect. So, basically it now sits little lower in the front, and little higher in the rear than in the picture.

I'm still wondering where I should put black breyton badge...
I kind of want to delete the trunk key hole... It's kind of out of place.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FamilyTruckster said:
I thought the base part of the mirrors was supposed to be painted too. Am I wrong?
I knew someone was going to ask that...

Doesn't it look better this way?

I like the how the shadowline windows blend in with the base...

and it highlights the white round side mirrors.

I think it looks better anyways, I thought about it before doing it,
and even talked with my paint shop guy about it...

I know that the official M5's side mirror base is painted, and almost everyone painsts it, but who cares?? and Why be like everyone else?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I LOVE the wheels! Where did you get them and how much?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
One of the sellers on ebay sells these m6 replica Miro wheels.

I got it by calling the manufacturer in california, and he referred me to a shop next door, which actually turned out to be one of the ebay sellers too, but i bought it off ebay over the phone for $1400 shipped to my door, and I just bolt them on. Good deal...

Where should I put the breyton badge???

Should I not put it at all???

I was thinking at right where 528i used to be, or the equivelent place on the left side.

I really do like the clean look though... I wanna delete the trunk key hole. and put the badge right where the hole used to be...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your Car Looks Tight, Sporty And Classy. I Been Looking For Some One With The Breyton Kit Cause I Want It. What Material Is It Made Of Cause I Think The Front Lip Is Differrent Than The Skirts And Rear Lip And Do You Know If The Remus Twin Future EXHAUST Would Fit On It

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are Those The After Market M5 Mirrors From E Bay Did They Fit Right Cause I Bought A Pair But Havent Put Them On Yet

1 - 20 of 29 Posts