BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I smell fumes through my vents. It smell like oil drips burning off of a heat source such as a hot motor or exhaust pipe. I smell it while running the heat in my car.

Recently, I've had the cylinder and valve gaskets replaced leading me to believe the job wasn't done correctly. Ive returned the car 3 times and the shop cant find a leak. After checking the the onboard diagnostics, I have a warning saying the "Microfilter" will need changing in the near future. Could this be the problem, or does anyone have different "Cause and Soltution" for this fume issue ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sentrex. Thanks for the info. Iwillinquire to see if that is the cause. I am dyingto. Get this resolved. The smell is dring me crazy :mad:

·
Registered
474 Posts
sounds like oil leaking on your exhaust manifolds from the valve covers. if it isn't that check the oil sending switch.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If it's oil leaking from the engine, why would the smell enter into the cabin through the heater/AC vents?
Do you know you're responding to a six-year-old post?

·
Super Moderator
8,482 Posts
If it's oil leaking from the engine, why would the smell enter into the cabin through the heater/AC vents?
I would suspect that your cabin filters are not secured properly, allowing the fumes from the engine to be sucked up into the cabin. Check the filters to make sure they are sealed properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts