Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night, after a dinner out with the better half, I was on my way home. At a red light, I came up to a police car in front of me. I didn't think too much of it except to make sure I stayed behind him. After a while, I noticed his tail lights were off. We came to a stop at another red light and he pulls into the left turn lane and I was beside him. I looked over and opened the window. He looked at me with a smile and does the same. I asked him, "why don't you have your tail lights on?" He looked at his dash and then back to me, "I forgot to turn it on. Thanks." He proceeded to flick his lights on off he went.

Man, if it was the other way around, he probably would have given me a ticket.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Great story.

I have heard it is illegal for a cop to speed (break the law) unless their lights are on (they are in pursuit).

With that in mind, I'd love to 'pull over a cop' for weaving in and out of traffic as they stalk their prey!

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
Emission said:
Great story.

I have heard it is illegal for a cop to speed (break the law) unless their lights are on (they are in pursuit).

With that in mind, I'd love to 'pull over a cop' for weaving in and out of traffic as they stalk their prey!
Hehehe.... as good as it sounds though... I think that falls under "doing what they need to do their job" in other words giving the other guy a ticket.... :dunno:

The Exempt plates gotta be used for something I suppose... :p besides driving in the carpool lane and parking in red zones...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts