Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
This guy for cars is like Jim Cramer for stocks. I do find him entertaining. Everything he says kind of makes sense, however, you can't really use his advice.
I would say that a 10-year old loaded BMW with 40k miles and mint condition at reasonable price is a great deal. Buy! Buy! Buy!
Contrary to what he said, used BMW has many advantages to other brands, e.g. huge aftermarket for parts, diagnostic software, discussion on any topic, YouTubes, mods, etc.
Take a stem valve seal job for example, there is a tool kit available specifically designed for BMW engine with countless instructions and videos online. Would any other brand have that?
Diagnostic software for $30 on eBay? Transfer case plastic gear for $10 on eBay? The list goes on and on...
Now, if you are an owner of used BMW, you absolutely have to be able to do some work on the car (changing control arms, water pump, spark plugs, various seals, etc. NOT pulling engines or replacing trannies) - there is no sugar coating to that and it is an absolute truth about used BMW OR just take an extended warranty. Otherwise, the cost of BMW repairs will break the budget.
P.S. I bought mine BMW 2009 X5 4.8 M-sport out of the lease with ~25k Miles back in 2012 and still enjoy driving it ***x1f609;
They have very forceful persuasive style and they both have millions of fans.
Entertainers more then advisors.
:D

:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I***8217;ve seen him before. He***8217;s a total quack. It reminds me of somebody that wears a tinfoil hat. Not that there***8217;s anything wrong with that as Seinfeld would say. But he is definitely a quack. I wouldn***8217;t let him change my oil.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,507 Posts
Is this guy Italian ? He sure talks a lot with his hands
I doubt he’s talking Italian with his hands. I was raised in an ethnically mixed neighborhood in California, lots of Mediterranean spices but no Black pepper, so to speak, and spoke with my hands.

Big hand and arm movements are a video thing, to Black pepper things up, so to speak.

One did not need directions to Mama Bruno’s delicatessen because one could smell her sausages all over town.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,230 Posts
I've seen him before. He's a total quack. It reminds me of somebody that wears a tinfoil hat. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Seinfeld would say. But he is definitely a quack. I wouldn't let him change my oil.
I think he has pearls of clarity on occasion....with a bunch of crazy mixed in.

But you dont get millions of views with careful, considered and somber analysis of automotive repair, right?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've seen him before. He's a total quack. It reminds me of somebody that wears a tinfoil hat. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Seinfeld would say. But he is definitely a quack. I wouldn't let him change my oil.
Lets see your qualifications :bigpimp:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think he has pearls of clarity on occasion....with a bunch of crazy mixed in.

But you dont get millions of views with careful, considered and somber analysis of automotive repair, right?
He has been a mechanic for 52 years.

He has 3.4 Million subscribers

He has totaled 1 Billion views on all his videos

Be careful when we call him a quack :dunno:

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,507 Posts
He has been a mechanic for 52 years. He has 3.4 Million subscribers He has totaled 1 Billion views on all his videos. Be careful when we call him a quack
Rush Limbaugh voice: ***8220;Mommy, mommy! I wanna be a mechanic when I grow up.***8221;

52 year mechanic is proof of the Peter Principle - promotion to his level of incompetence.

You boob Tube subscribers do not pay anything except self-respect.

I carefully call him ***8220;quack***8221;, your term, I would use another.

My backyard? My working career was 26 years only, from enlistment to retirement in 1995. I haven***8217;t hit a paid lick since. Thank you very much for asking about my investments.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Scotty is pretty entertaining, like a blonde Joe Pesci. I don't share all of his views but I couldn't agree more on the plastic. BMW fancies itself a green company and that's great, but it is evident some of its plastic is from recycled milk jugs.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rush Limbaugh voice: "Mommy, mommy! I wanna be a mechanic when I grow up."

52 year mechanic is proof of the Peter Principle - promotion to his level of incompetence.

You boob Tube subscribers do not pay anything except self-respect.

I carefully call him "quack", your term, I would use another.

My backyard? My working career was 26 years only, from enlistment to retirement in 1995. I haven't hit a paid lick since. Thank you very much for asking about my investments.
Dear Nuclear Engineer :)

I see your atoms are undergoing fission.

Your electrons are loosing their orbit.

Your neutrons are loosing mass

Time to seek counseling, :D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts