Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 535i with cold weather package. Can anyone help me figure out which fuse controls my heated steering wheel? Fuse diagram in boot full of symbols and after finding translation, none specifically say heated steering wheel. I don't want to start pulling fuses to check. Should be a simple question but info can't be easily found!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help on this.

I pulled F28 (20A) and fuse is fine. I'm still wondering if I have located the correct fuse. What is the difference between the trunk fuses and the glove box fuses? There are some diagram symbols that are in both locations (for example heated seats and steering wheel fuses).

The symptom I am having is I press in the heated steering wheel switch on the end of the cruise control lever and nothing happens - no heat, no light. Any other ideas?

Below is a link (hopefully works) to my trunk fuse diagram and also a photo of my glove box fuses.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcleTbcafs6RnF2dHZsS3J2M1E/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,058 Posts
Heated steering wheel switch is NOT on the end of the cruise control stalk. That is cruise control on switch.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I might suggest a quick romp through the glove box to check for an owners manual. Assuming you have one, there's a surprising amount of useful info in there - particularly if you have voice control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have spent more time with the manual than I want to admit. But thanks for the tip.

So after my embarrassing first post, I found the switch to the heated steering wheel and much to my disappointment, the result is exactly the same. I push the "correct" switch in and nothing happens. The light doesn't come on the switch and the steering wheel doesn't warm up. I pulled F28 earlier and that wasn't the problem. Could it be a different fuse as I'm still not sure based on the diagrams that F28 is correct? I read through other posts and didn't see anything relevant.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Out of curiosity, does your cruise control work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have similar issue with 2004 530i except the light comes on for 15 seconds then turns off. No heated wheel. Fuse is fine. Cruise also works. I'm also thinking resistor. Just need to find it. Anyone have wiring diagram that shows this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, recently I noticed that most times the light comes on for a few seconds then turns off as well. Next I discovered the horn isn't working and that fuse is fine. After doing more research, things are pointing to a spring connector inside the steering wheel That is beyond me so I am taking it in next week. I will let you know if that fixes everything. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts