BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm a n00b to BMW and i'm looking into purchasing a 2007 328xi AT Coupe. I just had some general questions about how the car performs and any problems or anything people who own it have encountered.

1. I've been searching thru the forum and I've read a couple things about the 328 AT transmission not being that good, what are the problems with it?

2. Are there any real serious reoccuring problems that this car has had? Whether it be electrical, engine, transmission, etc.

3. Overall, is this a good car to buy? I know that is a very broad question but i'm just looking for some reviews from people who have this car.

Thanks!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
If you can, buy a manual transmission. With all the assist features for the manual (like the Start-off assistant, which holds the brakes on an incline so you don't roll backwards), learning it isn't that hard nor is it scary.

The 328xi AT is shared with the '07-'08 X3 AT, which has had some spotty, but serious issues with some owners. While I believe the majority of cars should be unaffected, there is a significant proportion, enough to raise a yellow flag.

Aside from that, there are no other major issues. There may be the occasional interior rattle but there's no pattern or significant issues with those, and they can easily be repaired under warranty.

It's good that you utilised the search function! Welcome to the 'Fest :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts