BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Would not surprise me in the slightest - since the next X3 will be built off the same platform as the new X5...

That would mean - no more ED X3 available, which would mean - no X3 in the future for our family...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yup, if X3 is moved to SC then that means there will not be any more in my garage!! I hope I like 5's or 7's! ED for ME!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
this sucks.

i was looking forward to doing another X3 ED :(

plus, i have heard at least ancedotal evidence (for several years now) that BMW vehicles built in the US had a significantly higher number of problems than those built in S.Africa, Germany etc....

i guess those of us who just did ED's on x3s (like I did last week) are the end of an era.

this blows.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
ChiefCrazyTalk said:
As they say in other forums, "RTFA". It won't happen for another 4 years, if at all - so you still have a chance for European Delivery for awhile.
haha you are hilarious, and right.

this is all very tenative, not until the next gen, and maybe not full time....

"BMW is leaning toward putting a third of its X3 production in the United States and two-thirds in Regensburg, according to Automotive News Europe."

so I imagine even with the next gen we could still probably do an ED X3, right?

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
x3 in Spartanburg

This "rumor/opinion/fact" falls into the same category as the GM/Nissan/Renault combine along with the no 6 Speed X3 in 2007 category for me. :D

If it does happen, there is always the 325xiT for ED. :thumbup:

Cheers

·
Wannabe Bayer
92 Posts
pilotman said:
"BMW is leaning toward putting a third of its X3 production in the United States and two-thirds in Regensburg, according to Automotive News Europe."
Yeah. You would think it would make more sense for BMW to keep building the X3s in Europe and the X5 in the States. My brother-in-law in Germany wanted an X5 but decided to get the diesel X3 instead because of size and fuel prices. I believe a lot of middle-class Germans would think the same way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Germany has one of the highest labours in the world, this forces all the manufacturers
to look at which place is the best to do production, and if a majority of all X3's produced
are sold in the US, and labour are cheaper there too.....

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,694 Posts
The X3 is produced in Austria though...

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,694 Posts
The X3 is produced in Austria though...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I also have heard some talk that it's moving out of Austria, BMW wants better control.I have heard similar stories, that part of production will come to the US and the rest spread out to other BMW plants. It's a little too premature to know what will become of X3 ED's
so get your orders in now !

·
Vorsitzer
344 Posts
The indication that the next generation x3 will be assembled in S'burgh means that the production will begin for MY 2009/10. Really a shame since the Ganz plant where the X3 is currently assembled won the JD Powers award for quality. It is really all about money as the last data I saw, indicated that the German Plants in the US have a $10+/hour labor cost advantage and far more flexable work rules (non union).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts