BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to order "Full" individual leather on the 2017 440i CV?
Ordering from the United States.

The code is FZAML for "Full" nutmeg interior leather.

Interested to know the MSRP, too.

My dealer doesn't seem to be able to answer this.

Note that there is an ZAML option ("extended" leather); I want full leather including dash cap and door caps.

It does seem to be an option for German builds (from the BMW.de website).

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to order "Full" individual leather on the 2017 440i CV?

Note that there is an ZAML option ("extended" leather); I want full leather including dash cap and door caps.

Rule is if it's on the German site (as long as it does not affect safety issues) and your dealer can talk BMWNA into then you shouldn't have a problem getting that.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

The extended Individual leather option for MY2017 4ers includes, at no extra cost, XT1. XT1 is the dash and door top leather that equates to full leather, and also includes contrasting stitching on the lower dash portion (and over the instruments, I believe.) The list price is $2,550 in the USA. Disregard that leading "F" that you quoted above, the code is ZAML.

The F prefix means that the following is an upholstery code. Similar indicators are used for paint colors (prefix PO) and options (prefix SO.) So the XT1 becomes SOXT1, for instance.

This new wrinkle on Individual leather is a great deal, in my opinion. XT1 would be a 1,550 (or 1,250, depending on model) Euro option in Germany; included gratis in the US! In essence, this means that all Individual Merino leather orders in the US will be called "extended" but will be full leather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful answer. Looking at the price/order guide again and, sure enough, a footnote says that XT1 is, indeed, included with "extended leather". Yay.

But I just learned from the dealer that I can't order ANY "individual" options (paints/leathers) yet. Dealer says that July allocations don't allow it! Boo.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Thanks for the helpful answer. Looking at the price/order guide again and, sure enough, a footnote says that XT1 is, indeed, included with "extended leather". Yay.

But I just learned from the dealer that I can't order ANY "individual" options (paints/leathers) yet. Dealer says that July allocations don't allow it! Boo.
This is true since the cars are not in production yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is true since the cars are not in production yet.
It's true the BMWNA's production slots don't start until July. However, the 440i has been in European production for several months.

The reason I can't get "individual" options is that apparently BMWNA reserves the first production slots for dealer showroom cars and demos. That's what I've been told and it makes sense.

Apparently "individual" builds are opened up after a month or three...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts