BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

G11 (2018) Connected Drive - not avaiable

532 5
I had the "Connected Drive" in my previous BMW, but my G11 end of 2018 model doesn't have it. Instead, it shows this message below. No idea why it's not working. I'm still waiting for BMW response, but I was wondering if someone had similar experience...

Bumper Automotive design Font Audio equipment Gadget
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Have you tried logging into your account at the website on the screen? Seeing that your vehicle is exactly four years old, the complimentary four-year subscription may have just expired.
I had the "Connected Drive" in my previous BMW, but my G11 end of 2018 model doesn't have it. Instead, it shows this message below. No idea why it's not working. I'm still waiting for BMW response, but I was wondering if someone had similar experience...
I've been told from BMW NA Customer Service that the vehicle is no longer supported on the Connected Drive network. My vehicle is a 2016 though, but received the 4G update from the 3G sometime ago from the previous owners service history. Outside of the ConnectedDrive not working, I do still see some apps functioning, like weather info, some search functions, but no like Spotify or Pandora type apps.

View attachment 1076470
The told me the same. Shame - Volvo is beating BMW by mile when it comes to such functionality...
Reactions: TheSpect3r
It looks to me like you need to renew your subscription...connected drive is included first 3 years and then needs to be renewed yearly. It's not free.
I've been subscribed, it's not that. Car is beyond support at this point according to BMW NA Customer Care, at least for a 2016 G12 model with the "4G" update.
It looks to me like you need to renew your subscription...connected drive is included first 3 years and then needs to be renewed yearly. It's not free.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts