Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C took a long time to begin cooling a couple of weeks ago but eventually kicked in, so I didn’t worry about it much. A few weeks later, it stopped cooling again, so I drove straight to the dealer and hoped it wouldn’t kick in while I was waiting for the SA. SA says it is a known problem and gave me a 3-page printout and said it would be repaired FOC but would take several hours. So if your A/C takes a dump on you, get to the dealer. And if you’re getting close to the end of the warranty, may as well get it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Wat year/model is the car, what code did the SA give you for the fix?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
‘18 740. I don’t know what code was thrown. I can update with repair specifics once the car is returned.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Repair is complete and here are the details: A/C stopped working and I took it to the dealer. Dealer says this failure is referenced in bulletin B64 06 17 and will be repaired under warranty. Replaced intake manifold, radiator, condenser and one or two other less expensive parts as well as antifreeze and refrigerant that had all leaked out. Parts bill would have been $2500+ if not under warranty. And the good news is that the A/C is working again. Pretty important in central Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts