BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my previous driver profile set up, if I increased and decreased the a/c fan speeds, i believe it had 8 levels. After I removed that profile and set up my correct one, I now only have 4 fan speed levels. Does anyone know how I go back to a 6 or 8 speed setting?

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,463 Posts
In my previous driver profile set up, if I increased and decreased the a/c fan speeds, i believe it had 8 levels. After I removed that profile and set up my correct one, I now only have 4 fan speed levels. Does anyone know how I go back to a 6 or 8 speed setting?
I've recently just bought a '22 330i for my wife, I've had 4 5-series over the last 9 years, including my '22 540i. Are you sure you're in auto fan mode? The 330i operates pretty much like my 540i, but the fan indicator is different, a horizontal line in the center which moves up and down. In auto fan mode, this is the "auto intensity" level, not the actual fan speed. I think the 330i has 5 auto intensity settings like my 540i, but I would have to check again. The "intensity" is the range of fan speeds that the HVAC will use when adjusting the fan automatically. The fan speed range shifts higher or lower to accommodate the driver's general preference for volume of air flow. So level 2 uses a set of speeds, where level 3's speeds will be shifted higher. If the cabin is very cold in winter, or very hot in summer, this range will be superseded temporarily and the HVAC will use higher speeds than usual for that level to bring the cabin to the set temperature more quickly. In manual fan mode, that is where you will see the individual "actual" fan speeds. I only tried in once in the 330i, I'm not sure how many manual speed settings there are. In my 540i I think there are least 8 or 9. Might be some slight "user error" in your case?

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,463 Posts
I didn’t care for the odd behavior of the IHKA on my G20 so I synced the sides via the idrive and it’s been great since
Not sure how that addresses the OP's observation regarding fan speed operation. What was the "odd behavior"?

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
3,337 Posts
G20 fan speeds can vary based on what the OTHER person wants. It’s subtle but noticeable. The temperatures can also be wonky at times and using sync makes it consistent. G20 has a problem where the microfilter replacement can break the fresh air door off and cause low airflow. Lastly there’s a few coding issues related to G20 IHKA. There’s lots of little weird stuff with G20 IHKA that I’ve found personally are eliminated with sync. Maybe this won’t help his 4 bars vs. 8 but it may give him the desired speeds he’s wanting 🤷‍♂️. Otherwise it sounds like a coding problem possibly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts