Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.

I just got the Optional Equipment list from the dealer and would like some assistance in selecting the right options/explanations, if anyone could assist.

322 Comfort Access System
I understand that this includes the digital key/ncf card. What is the option to have the keyless press entry; i.e key in pocket/bag?

54A LED Headlights with extended contents.
I have seem a post regarding the Laster lights but anyone have any live photos of the plain LED lights vs the ones with extended content. Is the daylight U any different between the two?

5A1 LED fog lights
Is his an option to upgrade normal fog lights or to add fog lights which do not exist in stock?

5AS
Is the lane change warning only available with the driving assistant package. I am keen on this but not so much on lane departure warning.

6U2 & 6U3 Live Cockpit Plus & Professional
What is the benefit of 6U2 over the stock?
Why do i need the HiFI system )676) for the 6U3?

Other
Is there a code for Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation and windscreen wiper control?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Hello to all.

I just got the Optional Equipment list from the dealer and would like some assistance in selecting the right options/explanations, if anyone could assist.

I understand that this includes the digital key/ncf card. What is the option to have the keyless press entry; i.e key in pocket/bag?

I have seem a post regarding the Laster lights but anyone have any live photos of the plain LED lights vs the ones with extended content. Is the daylight U any different between the two?

5A1 LED fog lights
Is his an option to upgrade normal fog lights or to add fog lights which do not exist in stock?

5AS
Is the lane change warning only available with the driving assistant package. I am keen on this but not so much on lane departure warning.

Other
Is there a code for Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation and windscreen wiper control?

Thank you
Since no one has answered these question, you might want to ask your CA....

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can try to answer some of them...

This is it. As long as you have the fob in your pocket/purse you can lock/unlock the doors, waggle your foot to open the trunk, etc.

I think you have mixed things slightly. 54A is "LED Headlights with Cornering Lights". At low speeds (I think below 30mph) the headlights will swivel to point where you are steering.

5A1 LED fog lights
I believe this is a standard option. I know on my previous 340 adding the track handling package deleted the fog lights so it is listed as a separate item. I have no idea if this is still the case.

5AS
Lane change warning and lane departure warning are the same things, but this may be another miscommunication. The "Driving Assistant Package" includes "Lane Departure Warning" that vibrates the steering wheel when you drift out of your lane (already saved my life once). The new "Professional Package" includes a "Lane Keeping Assistant" that will apply steering inputs to keep you in your lane.

I only have 6U3 listed in my ordering guide, but from your description I suspect 6U3 is the upgraded sound system.

I believe all BMW's now come with automatic rain sensing wipers and automatic headlights. The "Automatic High-beam" is an add on, but I haven't touched my wiper or headlight controls in six years...

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,631 Posts
The Auto High Beams are definitely worth having

The Adaptive LED Headlights (54A) are worth every penny. Not only do they pivot into turns as you move the steering wheel, but everywhere but the USA they come with an "anti-dazzle" feature. Essentially, the high beam control is no longer binary (on or off). The system bends the light beams around oncoming traffic (or traffic you are following) providing maximum illumination without blinding other drivers. You can code this feature "On" in US BMW's even though it is coded "off" from the factory due to DOT or NHTSA regulations. This video gives a really good overview of the feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvPZ3H1Vm4

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,631 Posts
Also, the OP doesn't say where he/she is located. Assuming they are int he USA, the official ordering guide has been available on the "other" BMW site since November. (For some reason BF has broken their long-standing tradition and not posted it here). The ordering guide can be found at: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555055

• 5A1 (LED Fog Lights) and 5A4 (LED Headlights with Cornering lights) are included with the MSport package (ZMP). 5A4 (but apparently not 5A1) is included with the Convenience Package (ZCV), even if you don't opt for MSport. Neither 5A1 nor A4 appear to be stand alone options in the US. They only come as part of the MSport package or Convenience package. (If the OP lives somewhere other than the USA, the availablility may be completely different).
  • Lane Change Warning is not available as a stand alone option, at least in the USA.
  • 6U2 is not an available option in the USA (it may be the standard instrument cluster?) 6U3 includes Navigation, can be ordered as a stand alone option, or is included int he Premium Package (ZPP)
  • In the USA 676 is the standard (crappy) sound system. The way the OP phrased his/her question makes me think they are outside the USA.
  • 521 Rain Sensor with Auto Headlights is standard on all US G20's.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
For some reason BF has broken their long-standing tradition and not posted it here
Bimmerfest management has apparently decided that upkeep of this site isn't worth their time or effort.

Anyway, thank you for posting the G20 order guide link on Bimmerpost. Looks like that's the way to convey this type of info to Bimmerfest members at this juncture.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bimmerfest management has apparently decided that upkeep of this site isn't worth their time or effort.
Oh, come on... They're planning to post those guides "soon", remember? We've been informed that they are not easy to come by. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
The Auto High Beams are definitely worth having

The Adaptive LED Headlights (54A) are worth every penny. Not only do they pivot into turns as you move the steering wheel, but everywhere but the USA they come with an "anti-dazzle" feature. Essentially, the high beam control is no longer binary (on or off). The system bends the light beams around oncoming traffic (or traffic you are following) providing maximum illumination without blinding other drivers. You can code this feature "On" in US BMW's even though it is coded "off" from the factory due to DOT or NHTSA regulations. This video gives a really good overview of the feature:
Last I heard Anti Dazzel on the LCI F30 was a problem when coding, the coders couldn't get it to work. I was lucky that our 2016 GT was not an LCI (officially) I was able to get the anti dazzel coded and worked flawlessly. I know that the US government has finally accepted and the car manufactures can import that feature in the car, but they haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Think real hard about ordering the optional spare tire. It will increase the height of the trunk floor. At $150, they're cheap. An aftermarket spare and jack kit will run you over $500. A spare tire can be critical if you're on a weekend road trip. Here's a guy with run-flats that had a flat tire anyway and it ended up costing him $1400.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917185

Having a spare could also be the difference in easily selling the car in a few years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for any info.

Yes, indeed, based in Europe where base model is a lot more basic and the everything else is a stand alone option.
Apparently, 6U1 is standard cluster but without the navigation part.
Also, 676 is an upgrade in Europe over the standard 4 speaker system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do people really buy stripped down models? Whats with all these options? It makes it hard to decide what to get. Half the time its difficult to know what you can and can not get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do people really buy stripped down models? Whats with all these options? It makes it hard to decide what to get. Half the time its difficult to know what you can and can not get.
In Europe it comes with nothing and 8 pages of options

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I was just in Naples and I rented a BMW Active Touer 216d, it was a stripper, however, it has a couple of options and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was. I loved the cloth seats over the fake leather standard here in the US. It had Nav, front autonomous braking, AC, Cruise, but it did not have power seats, sunroof or comfort access (those options are a must for me.) Also the 1.6l oil burner was OK, but I would want the 2L oil burner we get here. But we did averages 51 MPG in 216d.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Europe it comes with nothing and 8 pages of options
Now that’s undue punishment. I really think that residuals would be generally higher if they sold the cars loaded. Having cars with 20plus difference in prices pushes the prices down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts