BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Newbie here,

Just purchased a cable and have downloaded esys launcher VM but seeing conflicting information online about whether a G30 VIM can be coded or not.
Tried to follow the basic guide for esys but after connecting and then getting to activate FA it said to select CAFD under CAS but I dont seem to have CAS ?

So my question is can I code VIM without speed restriction using esys and also wanted to change the % of mirror dip on passenger side when in reverse as im sure mine is at 100% and useless as i want to see further back not just the bottom of the passenger door!

Any help or guidance appreciated

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
40,068 Posts
You cannot code VIM, but it is possible with head unit patch. PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
7,064 Posts
Hi Newbie here,

Just purchased a cable and have downloaded esys launcher VM but seeing conflicting information online about whether a G30 VIM can be coded or not.
Tried to follow the basic guide for esys but after connecting and then getting to activate FA it said to select CAFD under CAS but I dont seem to have CAS ?
63 kph max with E-sys. Unlimited speed with Bimmercode.

Coding is in HU_NBT2.

CAS is ECU found in previous generation F010 and used for functions like ASS and rolling up windows with keyfob.

·
Premium Member
40,068 Posts
VIM coding with esys is possible >63kmh.
To be clear, for NBT2 ID5/6, Coding only possible of SL Menu itself, and then Controller movements are needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, interested in the coding using the menu and controller still very new to this and trying to decode the abbreviations :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes John I did it via esys and a cable so I had to use the controller to activate but works perfectly for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Newbie here,

So my question is can I code VIM without speed restriction using esys and also wanted to change the % of mirror dip on passenger side when in reverse as im sure mine is at 100% and useless as i want to see further back not just the bottom of the passenger door!

Any help or guidance appreciated

:thumbup::thumbup:
I got VIM as a bin file from dvdinmotion. Installed it from the USB drive. I do not know about the mirror dip

·
Premium Member
40,068 Posts
I got VIM as a bin file from dvdinmotion. Installed it from the USB drive. I do not know about the mirror dip
They are option, but at $129 USD, they are way over priced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts