BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
BMW G30 uncovered

We have taken advantage of the BMW benefit of being Owners Guests at the BMW Golf Championship three times now, this year at Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana.

The car was behind a curtain in a room with an attendant who took questions. Cameras were handed over at the entrance. Pricing is not yet decided.

The M-Sport wheels are a thing of beauty. The trunk had the spare option so it was hard to get a feel for capacity. There is a pass through to the back seats. Only the blade of the hockey stick is present. Otherwise it looks like a smaller version of the 7 series.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to hear it looks like a downsized G11/12. From everything I have read, "the drive" could be a return to many BMW attributes. I'll be interested in trying it, but don't know if driving dynamics can outweigh an already dated design. Good thing I recently leased an F10 550i for 24 months to bridge the gap.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear it looks like a downsized G11/12. From everything I have read, "the drive" could be a return to many BMW attributes. I'll be interested in trying it, but don't know if driving dynamics can outweigh an already dated design. Good thing I recently leased an F10 550i for 24 months to bridge the gap.
I thought it looked great inside and out and has the great features of the new 7. It is a luxury sedan. I get my driving dynamics from a Porsche Carrera.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
I'm jealous, Gary!

Thanks for sharing.

Did they have any other details to share, or just something to look at?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I thought it looked great inside and out and has the great features of the new 7. It is a luxury sedan. I get my driving dynamics from a Porsche Carrera.
Apart from the newer tech. Do you think G30 is better/much better looking than F10 with M-Sport pkg?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Thank you for your commentary. Am I correct that you saw the M-Sport Version? Opinions are fair game here. Did you like it? Was anything said about the 4 wheel drive M-Sport version?

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it was M-Sport and looked great to me. It had a multi colored layered look interior with roomy back seat with pass thru to the trunk. There was no list of features or options available just an assistant to answer questions.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Thank you. Did they mention when the 540e, hybrid, would be available?

·
cor door sedan
1,161 Posts
What was the point of this thread. People, just go read the C & D review or Automobile magazine. More information than in this thread.
Perhaps you didn't read the original post. The point was, Gary saw the G30 in person and he really liked it. It's an entirely different subject than what's in the C & D review.

Gary: Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Gary Insights are awesome and incredibly helpful. I intend to place an order the first week in March as soon as pricing becomes available for a March Euro Delivery of a 540 M-sport or 540e if it is available.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Spare tire option? Maybe BMW is finally going to the good old days!
The current 7 and the X1 have it as an option. The X5's have always had one as a option. The interesting thing is the X1 also offers non-RFT's, and if you get the non-RFT's the spare is free (otherwise $150).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts