BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car (2018 530d touring G31) has a 'chassis' warning. BMW have said the air supply system needs changing (I.e air suspension compressor).

Basically the compressor doesn't seem to be operating. Suspension is still inflated but running just slightly lower that normal.

I have checked all related fuses and no issues there. However I am unsure where the relay is for the air suspension compressor. I did find one below the fuses in the right side of the boot. Tested function and this seemed to be switching ok.

Anyone else had this issue and found a simple fix? Or is this a compressor replacement? I have attached some photos for reference.

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be great if someone can advise / confirm the location of the relay for the air suspension compressor.

The one I have referenced in my photos is in the right side of the boot.

From doing a it mor playing i have found the relay mentioned does click when the ignition is turned on and clicks again when the ignition is off.

From resting the voltage across the switched points this is giving 14.8v with ignition on. However at the power cable connection to the compressor this seems to only get 1.5v.

I have ordered a new relay to see if that is the culprit. But i am a bit uncertain I am even looking at the right relay for the suspension.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts