Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,558 Posts
Lots of twists I really enjoyed. Euron's last words. Varys flambe. A totally different Clegane Bowl than what I'd expected. Jon falling out of love.

The big question for next week: Is Arya still going to kill a queen?

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The only thing that pissed me off last night was the fact that Cersei died a relatively peaceful death in the arms of a loved one. ***x1f92c;
That f****** horrible b**** deserves a torturous death more than ANYONE on the show!!!! ***x1f92c;
I was hoping Danny would ride her Dragon right through the tower Cersei was watching from and eat her ass mid flight!
Or at least the Hound should have cut her in half with his sword when she crossed by him!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well - the Grand Finale is here - and it was beyond lame. Not sure it could have been any worse - this is basically a big F U for anybody that actually cares about GoT.
In fact the whole Season 8 basically has no redeeming qualities. I'd say Seasons 1-7 were 8-10 out of 10 (maybe S2 was 7). Season 8 was 2 out 10.
I used to say GoT was the best TV show ever made - but after this season I don't think I can say that anymore. :thumbdwn:: puke::bang:

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,558 Posts
It felt like they let 50 college interns each write one page of script, then filmed the mess without editing. Peter Dinklage did a wonderful job with his soliloquies. The CGI of Drogon was incredible as usual. But loyal fans were left with waaaaaayyyyy too many loose ends. What happened to Varys' rings? Where were the bodies of Freres Clegane? How will the Iron Bank be repaid? Is Drogon bringing Dany to the Children of the Forest? Will she be the next Queen of Winter? Will Sansa and Tyrion drop a litter of red-headed dwarves? Why did Grey Worm have a prodigious bulge in his trousers when he was marching Jon to captivity? Is Bran the Banal still the three eyed raven? And do any of us really even care?

The highlight of the evening was seeing the promo for WestWorld. Hopefully HBO won't ruin that epic, too.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Plus it will never be proved that Jon is fire proof! :) Or if Jon can really command drakarys.

To be fair, Dany was burnt in fire, but was never subject to drakarys fire herself.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I saw this today somewhere on the Interwebs - it about sums it up:

Bottom line is this: the first six or seven seasons held us enthralled with great writing, great acting, a plausible story arc (for a show with wizards and dragons), and a tangible emotional connection that only great series can generate. The final season simply lacked almost all of that and it was painful to watch these great actors whom we loved, have to try to make this work.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Definitely not a fan of how they had Jon murder Danny like that!! Complete bull****. She loved that man and in time would have listened to his kindred spirit.
Bran is boring AF. So naturally he was the safe pick. SMFH.

But still.... Absolutely the most Epic Show in television history!

I can hope that the spin-offs come close in entertainment....

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Definitely not a fan of how they had Jon murder Danny like that!! Complete bull****. She loved that man and in time would have listened to his kindred spirit.
Bran is boring AF. So naturally he was the safe pick. SMFH.

But still.... Absolutely the most Epic Show in television history!

I can hope that the spin-offs come close in entertainment....
In normal, real life, relationship, usually couples will talk face to face about transgression (e.g. razing a whole city) for way more than a few minutes before breaking off the relationship, let alone murdering the other party .... hmm ....

Tyrion did make a good point, namely, Dany has grown to believe her way is the only way, and everyone cheered her on along the way.

The real plot hole is really that, how can Dany be anywhere without secret service surrounding her?!? Even Bran the Broken gets wheeled around by Gentry in armor.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,558 Posts
If Gerald Ford had had Drogon by his side, Sara Jane Moore wouldn't have stood a chance.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Honestly, the greatest myth of a show like this is, really, the dragons.

Just imagine the BTU's needed to annihilate tens of thousands of troops and raze a city.

There will be no need for gas, oil, renewable sources, batteries, hydrogen, etc, etc, if such beasts exist! :D

·
Overly Intellectual
6,573 Posts
It's now at 1.5 million... adding about 1/second... :rofl:

Yeah, the last 2 episodes made the following mistakes (at the least):
  • Fire doesn't have physics that destroys buildings when hosing them down. Stone would resist the fire, so buildings wouldn't collapse until the fire burned the internal wooden supports, if at all.
  • The ballistae were super-effective earlier against a dragon, they doubled in number, yet they became less effective or didn't even try to hit the dragon
  • Dany's forces were all but wiped out in the battle with the Winter King, and all but wiped out by the Iron Fleet, then magically a whole bunch were left after King's Landing.
  • Jon's army of the north disappeared after King's Landing... why?
  • Dany conveniently goes alone to the throne room without any pesky guards (which math says she didn't have anyway)
So basically, Jon would have been able to call all his bannermen up and say "I think it's time I told you who I really am", then had a nice chat with Dany and her half-dozen surviving unsullied. Her dragon wouldn't hurt Jon because he's got Targarian ancestry. He wouldn't have to kill her, because she would have had pretty much nothing to fight him with.

·
Registered
636 Posts
This last season sucked sooo bad that Breaking Bad is now officially the best show ever. GOT has been brought down by lame writing. The writers were two busy counting their Disney cash for the next Star Wars trilogy. Lame

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Agree with you 100 percent Marcus! I too have watched every season (when they aired and multiple times on Blu-Ray. I have every season on disc). The best ongoing series PERIOD!!! Looking forward to this final season. I hope the spin offs deliver as this series has year in and year out. Not sure if HBO can capture lighting in the bottle a third time....Sopranos......Game Of Thrones....next..
Absolutely! In the meantime, cgeck out The Witcher starring Henry Cavill on Netflix.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts