BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2004 325Ci, and the current tire is 91W. I am planning to buy Dunlop sports 3D. There are two options: 225/45/r17 91H ($147), and 225/45/r17 94V ($149). Which one should I use?

Also, for the wheels, is Sport Edition A7 good enough?

at last, should I buy tire pressure sensors for the new tire/wheel ?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Take a look at this link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code

The 91W or 91H or 94V represent the load rating and speed rating. Where the number is the load and letter the speed rating.

If you see the table at the link you can see the difference -- BTW your current tire is good to 186Mph -- unless you are going that fast on a regular basis -- you can go with the H or V without problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car is a 2004 325Ci, and the current tire is 91W. I am planning to buy Dunlop sports 3D. There are two options: 225/45/r17 91H ($147), and 225/45/r17 94V ($149). Which one should I use?

Also, for the wheels, is Sport Edition A7 good enough?

at last, should I buy tire pressure sensors for the new tire/wheel ?
Very little difference between the two. The V rated version should have slightly faster steering response and a bit stiffer ride, but the difference is very small.

Yes, we've had good experience and feedback with this wheel. It was been a popular choice for a winter wheel for many years.

If you choose go without sensors, you'll be greeted by a short chime when you first start the car, and a small TPMS light will stay lit up on the dash as long as your car is on. I don't find it too obtrusive, but some may find it annoying.

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&url=/winter/index.jsp

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very little difference between the two. The V rated version should have slightly faster steering response and a bit stiffer ride, but the difference is very small.

Yes, we've had good experience and feedback with this wheel. It was been a popular choice for a winter wheel for many years.

If you choose go without sensors, you'll be greeted by a short chime when you first start the car, and a small TPMS light will stay lit up on the dash as long as your car is on. I don't find it too obtrusive, but some may find it annoying.

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&url=/winter/index.jsp
Gary:
thanks I will buy from tire rack. I also want to buy the tire pressure sensors. How much is each one? Do I need buy 4?

In addition, will the sports edition A7 wheels include the BMW center caps?

If you give me your phone number, I can ask you a few extra questions and place the order directly from you? Thanks, let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pressure sensors add $49 per corner, and yes you would need all four.

Yes, these wheels do indeed accept BMW center caps.

No problem to call. The phone # to reach me at is the one in my signature.

Edit, I just noticed that your car is a 2004 model which does not use TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pressure sensors add $49 per corner, and yes you would need all four.

Yes, these wheels do indeed accept BMW center caps.

No problem to call. The phone # to reach me at is the one in my signature.

Edit, I just noticed that your car is a 2004 model which does not use TPMS sensors.
Thanks Gary, I enjoyed talking with you on phone. Yes my car is 2004 325CI sport package. As u said, it might not need the TPMS.

The OEM tire size on my car is 225/45/R17. Will the 205/55/R16 tire big enough to clear the brakes and routers? As u suggested I decided to go with Dunlop winter sport 3D and the sport edition F10 wheels.

The last question is, which factors determines that whether the wheel fit my car or not? Of the 16" wheels I found some are 16x7, some are 16x7.5. Some of them have offset of +35mm and some are +40mm. Do they all fit????

·
Registered
26 Posts
... BTW your current tire is good to 186Mph ...
Not quite. You're probably thinking of a "Y" speed rating, or simply made a typo. Note that a "Z" rating can be somewhat deceptive, as either a "W" or "Y" could carry the rating.

V = 149 MPH
W = 168 MPH
Y = 186 MPH
Z = >149 MPH

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Gary, I enjoyed talking with you on phone. Yes my car is 2004 325CI sport package. As u said, it might not need the TPMS.

The OEM tire size on my car is 225/45/R17. Will the 205/55/R16 tire big enough to clear the brakes and routers? As u suggested I decided to go with Dunlop winter sport 3D and the sport edition F10 wheels.

The last question is, which factors determines that whether the wheel fit my car or not? Of the 16" wheels I found some are 16x7, some are 16x7.5. Some of them have offset of +35mm and some are +40mm. Do they all fit????
Yes, we do have a variety of wheels that fit over the brakes of this car, and the F10 is indeed one of them. Quite a few factors come into play regarding wheel fitment including width and offset. Among those that we carry, only those listed online to fit your car will work properly. Most are 16X7 and 16X7.5 ET35-ET40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts