BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What I would like to ask is that if one has 22x11 or 22x10.5 rear wheel setup on 745. What tire size would be ideal. I know that Tirerack lists 265/30 setup all arround. But what if you want to go with staggered setup.

Also it seems like the 265/30 might be too small for 11 inch wide wheel. Many places suggest going with 295/25 as they are better at wraping such a wide wheel. However, its side wall height is a little less compared to that of 265/30. The 265/30 has side wall height of 79.5 and 295/25 has a side wall height of 73.75.

Which brings me to my question....that keeping all this in mind then the 305/25 should be more ideal. As it would easily wrap the 11" wide wheel and offer better side wall height then 295/25. The side wall height I calclulated for the 305/25 is 76.25. I doubt that 305 width would be that much wider then 295 width to cause rubing with fenders. :confused:

Anyways, what is your thoughts on this matter. Has anyone from tireandrack ever looked into this matter in greater detail. Because questions like this are on mind of many 7 owners who are looking into upgrading wheels. Also what I have come across is that only company that is offering these tires in 305/25 setup is Toyo tires and the tirerack doesnot carry this vendor.

Last but not least is there a special discount us bimmerfest members can get if we order our tires from tirerack.

·
Pundit
2,512 Posts
305/25 :yikes:

You lost your damn mind my friend :rofl:

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmm....maybe you know something that I dont.:confused:

The difference between 305/25 and 295/25 is not very huge. Neither with regards to width or sidewall height as I suggested above. Do you own a 7 series or work on them or are you are just pure amazed at the size. Because I know something even as wide as 270 or 295 is unheard of in 3 series.....:rofl:

RCK said:
305/25 :yikes:

You lost your damn mind my friend :rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
We've had some reports of rubbing with 305 width tires on the 745, so we cannot recommend that wide of a tire.

Unfortunately we do not offer discounts on our items due to the pricing structure we set (we offer you our best prices every day, regardless of volume), and in fairness to the numerous auto enthusiast sites we sponsor as well. Management feels its not 'fair' to offer discounts to one forum and not another.

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply gary. I guess I will be going with 265/30 and 295/25 setup in back and play it safe. That is the correct size for the staggered setup right.....Gary.

As for tirerack bimmerfest discount.... I was just checking. Also I do understand the reason behind your policy. As for my tires Iam ready to order them from tirerack if the above sizes are correct. I do agree with you that tirerack has very fair prices. How do I order it from you gary. One more question out of Pirelli and Conti. contact 2 tires which one would you recommend price wise, wear, noise/comfort and performance wise. I was leaning towards the Pirelli because they seem to be quite a bit cheaper and equaly good overall.

We've had some reports of rubbing with 305 width tires on the 745, so we cannot recommend that wide of a tire.

Unfortunately we do not offer discounts on our items due to the pricing structure we set (we offer you our best prices every day, regardless of volume), and in fairness to the numerous auto enthusiast sites we sponsor as well. Management feels its not 'fair' to offer discounts to one forum and not another.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kayani_1 said:
Thanks for the reply gary. I guess I will be going with 265/30 and 295/25 setup in back and play it safe. That is the correct size for the staggered setup right.....Gary.

As for tirerack bimmerfest discount.... I was just checking. Also I do understand the reason behind your policy. As for my tires Iam ready to order them from tirerack if the above sizes are correct. I do agree with you that tirerack has very fair prices. How do I order it from you gary. One more question out of Pirelli and Conti. contact 2 tires which one would you recommend price wise, wear, noise/comfort and performance wise. I was leaning towards the Pirelli because they seem to be quite a bit cheaper and equaly good overall.
Correct on sizes.

You may either reference 'gary/bimmerfest' as your previous contact towards the end of the order, or call me directly to order M-F 8AM-6PM EST. I've had very good experiences with both the Contact2 and the Pirelli Rosso both for noise levels and wet grip. I currently have the Contact2 on my E36M3. Hard to go wrong with either tire.

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot gary for all your help.:thumbup:

I did make the purchase online on sunday night before you had replied cause I just could not wait any longer....:D

I forgot to put the reference......is it possible that we can change it.:dunno:

Correct on sizes.

You may either reference 'gary/bimmerfest' as your previous contact towards the end of the order, or call me directly to order M-F 8AM-6PM EST. I've had very good experiences with both the Contact2 and the Pirelli Rosso both for noise levels and wet grip. I currently have the Contact2 on my E36M3. Hard to go wrong with either tire.

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary or D2 can you guys tell me what is the correct tire pressure for 265/30/22 & 295/25/22 setup. I would appreciate the help.:)

·
Banned
444 Posts
Kayani_1 said:
Gary or D2 can you guys tell me what is the correct tire pressure for 265/30/22 & 295/25/22 setup. I would appreciate the help.:)
It will be a tad firmer, but I always recommend pressure in the 41-43 range up front and about 40-42 rear, it really helps with the protection against bumps and such.

Good luck:thumbup:

·
Banned
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a lot D2.:)

D2-AUTOSPORT said:
It will be a tad firmer, but I always recommend pressure in the 41-43 range up front and about 40-42 rear, it really helps with the protection against bumps and such.

Good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Reports of "some rubbing" w/o rim width and offset info is useless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.