1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was actually going to make a new thread, but this seemed an appropriate place to post. I was looking at RFT's for a square set-up for a 335xi (18"), and found these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...40002RFT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

These are 3rd gen bridgestone RFTs, correct? Is there any reason why they would NOT be appropriate for a 3 series? The size is right, and they are the only all-season RFT in that size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope, read the fine print.

"*The P235/55RF18 99T-sized Turanza EL400-02 RFT developed for Toyota all-wheel drive Sienna minivans beginning with the 2011 model year is Bridgestone's first run-flat tire to arrive in the U.S. that features their 3rd generation run-flat tire (3G RFT) technology"

That is not the correct size for a 335i. The 225/40R18 is not a 3G tire.

Sorry guys, there is not, nor will there be any Bridgestone 3G run flat tires coming to the US market for this size any time soon.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, I saw the fine print, but thought that was just background info telling us what Sienna was the first get them. That section also said that the tire was "developed" for OEM use on IS250C.

That tire came up when I searched for the exact tire size I was looking for (225/40/18). It even says they are in stock. So I guess there is a glitch in the website?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No glitch. The only size of that tire that is 3G is the Sienna size as noted in the fine print. The other sizes are the old version of the tire, which we do have in stock in 225/40R18.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 960A/S rft is a 3G tire, but there is no release date set by Bridgestone yet for 225/40R18. April would seem to be overly optimistic given that we can't even place orders for these tires from Bridgestone as of yet. 205/55R16 in that tire should be coming late spring to early summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts