BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how this happened but the gas cap is not longer connected to the car. The black line that secures the gas cap to the car (somewhere) has fallen out of it's placement. I looked around the gas cap area and just can't find out where it goes.

any pointers?

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
I dont like those anyway....I took mine off my truck.

I would assume you could just buy another at the dealer.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yours is connected? I would hate that. I hate dealing with that with my family's cars. I like sticking the gas cap in the pump so I can walk away while filling up.

·
Hawks RULE!
1,166 Posts
Anyone up for a game of tether cap?

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Asharus said:
........ I like sticking the gas cap in the pump so I can walk away while filling up.
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Keep in mind, gas pumps DO occasionally FAIL to turn off.
Gasoline + Hot Catalytic = Bad

Ketchup- My '97 didn't have the cord. My '03 now does. Quite frankly I'd prefer to have it without. The little green holster in the door does a good job of keeping you from losing it anyway. :dunno:

-Cago

·
I glow in the dark
580 Posts
I had that cable which is securing the gas cap also, mine broke due to the hot weather :( , one day I was unscrewing the gas cap and the stupid cable snapped. they break off easy imo. I am using the gas cap without the securing cable now.

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr Hyde said:
The gas lid door has a notch in it on the lower inner corner. The tether attaches there. :thumbup:
sweet, I found it :thumbup: I had no idea what to look for until you mentioned the 'notch'. My notch was on the top left corner (when facing the inside of the gas lid).

I like having the option of the tether just in case the gas cap gets knocked off of the green holster, I wouldn't have to go looking for the cap somewhere under the car. It's like a bungee cord :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts