BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaving tomorrow for a Monday pickup.

I have this (irrational?) fear of putting Diesel into my car by accident.

I am driving in Germany, Austria,Italy, and France....Can someone pleae allay my fears, or at least tell me how to avoid screwing up. Are the gas stations strictly self-serve? If not, is full service a lot more expensive?

Thanks.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
fishskis said:
I am leaving tomorrow for a Monday pickup.

I have this (irrational?) fear of putting Diesel into my car by accident.

I am driving in Germany, Austria,Italy, and France....Can someone pleae allay my fears, or at least tell me how to avoid screwing up. Are the gas stations strictly self-serve? If not, is full service a lot more expensive?

Thanks.
You can't go wrong with the two, they are clearly marked. Many stations have a guy collecting and pumping outside or at least there if you have questions. I am sure he'll stop you if you try to put diesel in, besides the nozzle won't fit into a gas tank. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Relax, this is again, a recurring, ED forum NON-ISSUE. We had someone here write about 5 times regards crossing Brennero for fear of snow, and then he wrote how nice it was.

You'll be fine and amazed how well it all works out, even getting gas.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
You'll be more shocked by the prices. 57euros for 48.12liter at 1.18/liter for 3/4tank. That works out to $76. I ended up only filling it up twice(plus they gave me a full tank at delivery) and returning it with less than 1/4tank. Total miles driven 904 Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to do it again.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yamilrx said:
You'll be more shocked by the prices. 57euros for 48.12liter at 1.18/liter for 3/4tank. That works out to $76. I ended up only filling it up twice(plus they gave me a full tank at delivery) and returning it with less than 1/4tank. Total miles driven 904 Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to do it again.:thumbup:
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the all-powerful US Dollar helping out with the already high European gas prices (not).

In any event, what's a few hundred dollars in gas compared to the phenomenal ED adventure? (Not to mention the ridiculously good deal on the car).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That's the right attitude! :thumbup: You'll have fun thinking like that. A great part of ED is in the tremendous driving where you are looking behind you properly for safety and good driving rather than having to look for cops all day.

I just got my main credit card statement from the trip:
03/20 Shell 56.44 Salzburg
03/21 aGip 71.89 Halblech (road to Fussen)
03/26 Agip 94.00 Bologna
03/28 Agip 86.83 Lucca
03/31 Shell 90.00 Parma

Plus I had to pay cash a 3 times totalling about 200.00

for a grand total of about $600.00 for Gas

·
Registered
111 Posts
e36M3r said:
That's the right attitude! :thumbup: You'll have fun thinking like that. A great part of ED is in the tremendous driving where you are looking behind you properly for safety and good driving rather than having to look for cops all day.

I just got my main credit card statement from the trip:
03/20 Shell 56.44 Salzburg
03/21 aGip 71.89 Halblech (road to Fussen)
03/26 Agip 94.00 Bologna
03/28 Agip 86.83 Lucca
03/31 Shell 90.00 Parma

Plus I had to pay cash a 3 times totalling about 200.00

for a grand total of about $600.00 for Gas
I'll be feeling your pain next week since we'll be all around Europe for almost 3 weeks and I have every intention of bouncing off the speed-limiter in as many countries as possible. Oh well I'll sort out the credit card bill when I get home. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
MARCUS545 said:
GAS...Last Minute Help Please???

Try Beano or Maalox.
Hey Marcuss your funny.Need a job in a comedy club??
cheers
vern

1 - 10 of 10 Posts