BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2008 328xi 136k miles. After pumping gas last Friday I drove 500 meters and suddenly car started shaking and vibrating and it felt like it was skipping while applying pressure on gas Paddle. Suddenly the Service engine light litup. I somehow managed to get home. The vehicle drive okay but get vibration and skipping of acceleration almost as if I was running out of gas. But I have a full tank. I towed the car over the BMW they will get back to me on Monday. But would like to know from the group wha tis going on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have 2008 328xi 136k miles. After pumping gas last Friday I drove 500 meters and suddenly car started shaking and vibrating and it felt like it was skipping while applying pressure on gas Paddle. Suddenly the Service engine light litup. I somehow managed to get home. The vehicle drive okay but get vibration and skipping of acceleration almost as if I was running out of gas. But I have a full tank. I towed the car over the BMW they will get back to me on Monday. But would like to know from the group wha tis going on.
Because it happened right after you filled up, are you sure you put the right kind of fuel in? innocent mistakes happen all the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bad ignition coil means how bad is the repair?
Ignition coils are easy to replace. they are basically plug and play. But before you do that, get the codes pulled and see if that's actually it. Autozone will do this for free.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I googled and found this for engine misfiring
"Your vehicle will cough and splutter regularly. When you drive at high speeds, your vehicle will jerk and spit. It will also vibrate when you are running idle at a stop sign or intersection." This is exactly what I felt last Friday. Car is at the dealership now they will call me tomorrow. Hope they don't give me thumping bill.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Thanks. I googled and found this for engine misfiring
"Your vehicle will cough and splutter regularly. When you drive at high speeds, your vehicle will jerk and spit. It will also vibrate when you are running idle at a stop sign or intersection." This is exactly what I felt last Friday. Car is at the dealership now they will call me tomorrow. Hope they don't give me thumping bill.
True. But is it a misfire, really? There are other possibilities - [read stored error codes] to see. Notice the link about misfires.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool BMW replaced all the coils for free. But they noticed something else they requested me to change the belt tensioner and transfer case fluid. Guess they couldn't really hand me over the vehicle without bill. Had to pay $690 for that repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts