BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gas tank in my 528i Wagon, won't fill all the way up. It only takes about half a tank, and then cuts off. It's annoying, I have to fill up twice as much.

Thanx :rofl:

·
Registered
790 Posts
My gas tank in my 528i Wagon, won't fill all the way up. It only takes about half a tank, and then cuts off. It's annoying, I have to fill up twice as much.

Thanx :rofl:
So is this a statement, or a problem, or a question?

Okay. Give me a second to breathe... there we go.

This is a general guideline to asking a question or stating a problem on the forum, as I've got NO Idea where to start on yours. are you asking us "Why isn't it filling all the way" If so, please STATE IT AS A FRIGGEN QUESTION. I do sound like I'm about to rip your head off, but when you post "Gas Tank" I don't know what that means. I'm not psychic. I mean, are you looking for a second tank? Does your gas tank have something special?

So. Sadly, I can't troubleshoot anything without more inforamtion - When did this first start happening? Have you noticed any other changes in the car?

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Pull the nozzle out about 1/2 way. I have to do that to fill up my grandfather's 540, have only filled my 528 once (I'm only getting 16mpg but apparently not driving much) so can't say if it is a BMW thing.

·
Wrenchin' fool ...
777 Posts
Sometimes that happens on my 2000 528it. Depends on the vapor recovery system on the gas pump handle.

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
Reminds me of a story I read just yesterday. I can't remember what kind of vehicle (I think it was some SUV type), but the guy had the same problem with his recent purchase. He took it to the shop and they found the tank had been crammed halfway full with packages of cheeba. The car had 3 or 4 prior owners, one being a car rental firm, so the cops aren't sure which way to go with that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts