Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 535i Sport, built in 2000.

Got a few strange problems at the moment....

Im pretty sure I have a faulty valve in my gear box which is causing a slight hesitation in the gear change, mostly noticeable 3 -4 it leaves the change till quite late in the revs but seems to throw the car into gear certainly not very smooth.... was wondering if anyone else had experienced this kind of problem?

Secondly, at slow speeds I have incredible hard steering on occasions (not all the time) as soon as you put a little acceleration on it tends to loosen up and works without issue, my thinking is the sensor on the steering to adjust the weight depending on power, again anyone else had this problem?

Last but not least not long after I started having problems with my gear box I started having a perculiar problem with my reverse parking sensor had no problems whatsoever with it before... drop it into reverse and you get a long bleep which finally stops but then... no sensor. Sooo, sorry to keep on, but anyone had this before?

Im booked in for a check in my local dealership next week but just wondered if anyone could shed any light on these problems?

Cheers Guys,
Carl.

·
Registered
598 Posts
carlchurchill said:
Hi, I have a 535i Sport, built in 2000.

Got a few strange problems at the moment....

Im pretty sure I have a faulty valve in my gear box which is causing a slight hesitation in the gear change, mostly noticeable 3 -4 it leaves the change till quite late in the revs but seems to throw the car into gear certainly not very smooth.... was wondering if anyone else had experienced this kind of problem?

Secondly, at slow speeds I have incredible hard steering on occasions (not all the time) as soon as you put a little acceleration on it tends to loosen up and works without issue, my thinking is the sensor on the steering to adjust the weight depending on power, again anyone else had this problem?

Last but not least not long after I started having problems with my gear box I started having a perculiar problem with my reverse parking sensor had no problems whatsoever with it before... drop it into reverse and you get a long bleep which finally stops but then... no sensor. Sooo, sorry to keep on, but anyone had this before?

Im booked in for a check in my local dealership next week but just wondered if anyone could shed any light on these problems?

Cheers Guys,
Carl.
There was a recall on some V8 transmissions having damaged internal seal during the assembly
at the factory, causing bad 3-4 shifts. However i am not sure if this applies to
Your car . But if this exhibited after some milleage this will have different cause, probably.

As for the steering it might be the pump not giving enough pressure. What it does like
at idle, car stationery? Does it react anyhow to increased rpms?

Your parking sensor is probably having one of the ultrasonic sensors at fault. getting
it computer diagnosed would direct you right to the failed part

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There,

Sorry only just realised someone replied to this post for me, the steering is pretty bad stationary then yeh, as soon as RPM's increase the steering loosens up.

Gear box turned out to be a sticky valve apparently, got it sorted last week.

Thanks for your help on the sensor ive booked the car into BM's for next week for a bit of a health check hopefully they will spot this.

Carl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts