BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all of the posts on here for all of the problems that arise - so I'm going to take a second to just say how much I love my 330

I actually look FORWARD to waking up on Monday morning just so I can drive my 50 minute commute. I can't say how much I absolutely LOVE driving this car. I don't care if I have to put some elbow grease and some $$ into her - I love it!!

I have been a huge Toyota and Honda guy my whole driving life (13 years now) mostly because of the reliability factor - you just drive them - they keep running. BUT - I never experienced the JOY and THRILL of driving like in my BMW. The handling - the acceleration - the precise steering feel - it responds to my every move (not to mention the joy of blowing the doors off some young punk in a 4cyl with a loud exhaust.

(I will say I'm not particulary thrilled with the stock clutch and CDV - but that can and will be remedied)

so - cheers to all you fellow driving enthusiasts.
!! Deutsche Autos treten Arsch !!:thumbup:

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
Hallelujah brother! :thumbup:

·
Function over fashion
887 Posts
Similar to you, I had Hondas for the last 12 years, and they are great for a reliable car to have, say, in high school and college as I did. Cheap and bulletproof. But having some time and money on hand, there's nothing like a bmw; it's fun to tinker with it, and so, so fun to drive.

·
Paraglide! Walk on air!
1,260 Posts
I've been a long time driver and fan of Acuras, since 1987. They are fine cars, and I've even autocrossed my Integras in my younger days. But I've never had a desire to just "go for a drive", for fun. Until now, that is. The way my 330 handles is simply amazing. I love all aspects of driving her, acceleration, braking, handling, etc. I get this big dumb grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've been a long time driver and fan of Acuras, since 1987. They are fine cars, and I've even autocrossed my Integras in my younger days. But I've never had a desire to just "go for a drive", for fun. Until now, that is. The way my 330 handles is simply amazing. I love all aspects of driving her, acceleration, braking, handling, etc. I get this big dumb grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

I too get that dumb grin on my face, especially when accelerating out of a corner. Bliss!

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
:thumbup: Well said . Other than my motorcycle , I've never owned a vehicle I just plain enjoy driving as much. I even look forward to repairs as an opportunity to learn more about my car. Just as long s they're not too costly.

You just might be preaching to the choir.:angel:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I see all of the posts on here for all of the problems that arise - so I'm going to take a second to just say how much I love my 330

I actually look FORWARD to waking up on Monday morning just so I can drive my 50 minute commute. I can't say how much I absolutely LOVE driving this car. I don't care if I have to put some elbow grease and some $$ into her - I love it!!

I have been a huge Toyota and Honda guy my whole driving life (13 years now) mostly because of the reliability factor - you just drive them - they keep running. BUT - I never experienced the JOY and THRILL of driving like in my BMW. The handling - the acceleration - the precise steering feel - it responds to my every move (not to mention the joy of blowing the doors off some young punk in a 4cyl with a loud exhaust.

(I will say I'm not particulary thrilled with the stock clutch and CDV - but that can and will be remedied)

so - cheers to all you fellow driving enthusiasts.
!! Deutsche Autos treten Arsch !!:thumbup:
I feel you to the fullest :thumbup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love driving mine as well. I've never been a fan of Honda's or jap cars, especially those annoying civics. Just glad was able to get BMW for first car, and hope theyll be my last car in future. Happy driving.

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts
Owning my BMW has serious made me consider moving farther from work as my commute is only 1.5 mile teaser :mad: I guess my other option is to take her along the scenic route to work....ahhh bliss :roundel:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I love my BMW. Its my first one and I dont want to drive any other make now. I have a 40 mi commute to work round trip and I love it.

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
I'll broadly classify this as BMW Praise. Because GAWD I miss my ZHP!!!

I'm away on business in SF for a few days, and for ****s and giggles I rented a Camaro SS. (Of course, it's the automatic, so I might need to fly Shad out here to fix that problem for me!) It goes like stink, and stops well, and has alot of grip in turns, but there is almost ZERO feedback as to what the road underneath is really doing! I get the feeling you can drive the piss out of the car, though you are more aiming than driving. It's worlds better than what's been put forth by the General in the recent past, but it does make you realize what you are missing from the Bimmer.

Our BMW's are truly driven (not aimed), and actually communicate with the driver. Such a difference......

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's the kind of car that when you turn it on, it returns the favor. I had a Touareg, and with the power and all the features I was having a really hard time finding a car to replace the joy... Enter the 330Cic! ZHP and a drop top spelled the end of the VW money pit!:D

·
cheeky bastard
36 Posts
Gadget, I didn't realize that they made a convertible ZHP... is that for real? Nice car.

I agree with all of the positive opinions. This is a car like no other. My commute is 4.7 miles and I frequently long to drive my car further!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts