BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,557 Posts
I have the original DWS on my E60 and just put DWS 06 on daughter's Mazda 3. Very nice tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Continental sport contact 2 on the rear which are brilliant. I have sport contact 6 on the front which have thin treads on the outer third from new ( not from tyre wear). So I doubt the fronts will last.

Incidentally.. the rear tyres are 275,35,19 and are much better for grip and even tyre wear when set to 1.58 degrees camber. The manufacturer spec dictates more camber than this.. but this leads to less grip and excessive tyre wear on the inner edges. Manufacturer spec is therefore not suited to wide tyres on the e60

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't get the GMAX, they're terrible tires. When I bought my 550i, it had gmax on the front. They have terrible road noise at 30-45 mph and when slowing down. They also have no shoulders so cornering grip is quite limited. My winter tires stuck much better in corners than the Gmax tires. The PO probably put them on because they're cheap, and they showed it.
I love my Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but if you need all seasons, look at the AS3+, Michelin supposedly fixed the terrible winter traction issues with it.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the input. I believe I will stick with my gut and buy the Contis

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a tire change due before the winter and almost went with the Conti DWS 06, but the new Pirelli P Zero A/S+ caught my eye. Pep Boys has a really good deal on them if you have one nearby.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+All+Season+Plus&partnum=25WR7P0ASPXL&autoMake=BMW&autoYear=2008&autoModel=535xi+Wagon&autoModClar=With+Standard+Tires

No winter reviews yet, but they just updated their tread compound like Michelin, and they received high marks for dry and wet performance.

I previously had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S that I was quite happy with. I've put about 35k miles on them on pretty bad roads and they've held up well.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a tire change due before the winter and almost went with the Conti DWS 06, but the new Pirelli P Zero A/S+ caught my eye. Pep Boys has a really good deal on them if you have one nearby.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+All+Season+Plus&partnum=25WR7P0ASPXL&autoMake=BMW&autoYear=2008&autoModel=535xi+Wagon&autoModClar=With+Standard+Tires

No winter reviews yet, but they just updated their tread compound like Michelin, and they received high marks for dry and wet performance.

I previously had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S that I was quite happy with. I've put about 35k miles on them on pretty bad roads and they've held up well.
I've had them on my Audi. I was not too thrilled with the road noise and tread life. I have never met a Pirelli tire that I have liked. Let us know how who like them in a few months. Maybe they have changed. I also had a set of Pirellis on an old E34 I used to have. Again, tread life was very poor

·
Registered
613 Posts
Stick with premium brand tires. I am a big fan of continental tires. I have the DSW and I love them! I had to learn the hard way. I bought a set of TOYO Extensa m+s tires brand new and it was the worse tires I ever had in my life. They were hard, noisey and i got bubble or side wall impact on all four tires from hitting minor road bumps and road patches here in Jersey. And to add insult to injury their customer service sucks. All they do is waste your time. My continental tires feel like im riding on a cloud! I've hit all kinds of pot holes and no bubbles. I will never ever buy cheap tires again. I dont know much about the general and i think you should keep it that way. Stick with the premium brands. I personally like and vote conti. Tire rack is a good place to buy. Fast shipping and you get road hazard on them.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jay. That's Def what I'm going to buy. I just saw those Generals and knew little to nothing about them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have them installed on my e36 compact and they seem to hold pretty well.
Good traction on dry/wet weather.
They seem suffer from road noise. I´ll never put these ones on a 5 series for that matter. :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts