BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I've had my 335 convertible for almost a year now and during the Michigan winter have suffered four damaged tires (one blown and three with sidewall bumps, not bad but existent). The rims have some scratches too and I'm in need of tires now.

Always wanted to put the current M5 style wheels on the car (believe they're made by Miro and another company) and use non run flats on these wheels.

The wheels aren't to pricey but the local dealer pointed out that the material of the aftermarket wheels may not be as high quality as OEM wheels. He actually said they may bend easier due to the material being softer.

Can anyone here chip in on this? Whar are your experiences with this? He knows that I'm not interested in buying any BMW wheels for it and is aware that he wouldn't make a buck out of this. Considering that he's probably just trying to point out possible risks to me.

I personally would trust any manufacturer like BBS or similar but don't have any knowledge of any manufacturers that make the M5 style wheels that fit the the 335.

Thanks in advance for your answers

krauti

·
Registered
108 Posts
Depends on how dense the material is, design of the wheels, etc. Generally, wheels made in china aren't as strong as non Chinese for similar designs. Forged are stronger than cast. But if you get dainty minimal wheels, they are more fragile. Forged does cost much more than cast however. Its a tradeoff. The lightweight is nice for acceleration. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts