BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently disabled X band detection on my V1 and love not having to mute it every mile. I've only seen police in Metro Atlanta using K, Ka, and laser--no X band. Do any of you know for a fact that X band is in use?

TIA

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Better to be safe than sorry ya know... while cops may not use it, or use it often, if you get caught once... you have just negated the point of having it there :)

I don't mind the beeps on mine, I just mute it when I look at the area. It's better to have a warning than not to have one.

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
I also disabled X-band on mine, here in L.A.

The falsing was so bad I started to just not pay attention to the detector at all... boy who cried wolf syndrome.

I wanted a cop detector, not a supermarket/bank/gas station/cell phone detector. :D

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I have no experience with Georgia, but in California, CHP motorcycle cops and our local police cars use K band, and on a trip to Oregon a County Sheriff also used K band. Definitely better safe than sorry.

{edit} Oops, X band. RTFQ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys and keep the experiences coming. If had my V1 for two years and never have seen a cop using X band. The past couple months with X band off have been great. Plaz, I'm with ya--boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Right now I have the detector set to logic mode due to all the friggin' photocell doors around town. I still get a lot of K band falsing. The logic seemingly sends the more critical hits through without delay.

I'll continue to run this way until I take a long trip. I feel that in smaller towns/less populated areas, X band might be standard fare.

BTW, anyone know when a new Valentine model might be released? Surely some new technology is ready and can't be fit in the current shell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts