Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I´m a company owner from Germany who works togehter with insurance companies, against insurance fraud.

Most of the cases are vehicle theft cases / fictional claims (scrapped their own cars / worked togehter to use accidents for cash).

In the last time, the fraudulent claims for theft of vehicel parts has grown massively. Especially on BMW Cars.

It´s a fast & simple "Cash-Grab". The people disconnect and remove their Navigation System, Odometer, Headunit, steering wheel etc. break their rear window an call the police.

The people use a thing, called "fictional regulation" where you get the Cash from the insurance company witout doing the repair / showing proof of the origin from the "new" part (idk if "origin" is correct - i mean the german word "Herkunft")

I drive an "old" BMW E39 540i 6 speed manual, an use Inpa etc. for diagnosis of my BMW.

For Cars of the VW (Volkswagen) Type, there´s a diagnostic Module called "VCDS". It reports (?) / stores the exact milage for the exact time, when a Fault Code (DTC) is produced.

I know that BMW Rheingold is capable of the store-method with the Milage / "Kilometerstand" for the Fault Code. The problem in germany is, that, because Rheingold ist not "official" (BMW does not "sell" this program) you can´t use it in Court.

So, to the main question: Is there any "official tool" that i can order / buy, which is capable of the feature, to read fault codes in combination with the milage when they´re appeared / were stored?

It needs to be "official". If the case goes to court, the lawyer will question the "functions" of this device, your license for this device etc.

I´ve found "Schwaben by Foxwell" an read through the manuals. I´m not sure if the "freeze frame data" contains the milage of the DTC / fault code.

Second Question: Do the "newer" BMWs even "store" the milage together with a trouble code, if it loses connection to the Navigation / Head Unit / Airbag Module etc?.

I think a lot of BMW dealers had "these" cars in their shops for Cost estimates etc. Perhaps these shops have "scanned" the Vehicle and can answer the question.

Because the usage of Rheingold isn´t "allowed", i was unable to "test" theses things on the specific cars. My "old" 540i is a "no brainer". No one "steals" Parts of theses "old" BMWs in Germany.

At this point i realize, how bad your english gets, if you´re not using it for years.... sorry @all if my post is cryptic / hard to understand.

Greetings from Germany (Stay safe during Covid)

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
No one in this section is going to be able to answer this question (or would do so in public, anyway). There are only a couple of BMW salespeople who post in this section, and they are not likely to answer such a question. Maybe try asking in the BMW coding section on this forum:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I´ve tried to post it there, but somehow the Thread never "appears".

I don´t know why.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,709 Posts
Reingold is official ... well... it's the proper software and that BMW use.. most car companies WONT sell there software to anyone but I don't think RG is counterfeit or pirated
I think you can actually "buy" it. not sure, I got a copy of it. You won't get any other PROPER official made for the car than that.

Are you sure on the legalities ? If you are a valid company then I'm sure BMW will give you access or allow you to use it..

Otherwise how do BMW indy's use it.

anyway my 2c's

·
where da clutch at ?
2,709 Posts
also don't forget BMW dealers are franchised they are NOT owned by BMW, so how do they use it... If your legit and gonna do something important
and working with insurance companies WHOM have the money, I don't see how getting the official software is an issue

ok you got 3c's now lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First: There is no "official" Rheingold, if you´re not an authorised BMW Dealer. It´s an official BMW Software which you could not buy.

99% of the People who have Rheingold (Ista D/P) have "downloaded" the software, which makes it "illegal".

Yeah sure, if i would pay the same as a whole BMW Dealership, i should "get" Reingold. But this pricerange ist not even acceptable for an insurance company. Were talkin thousands of Euros per Month.

Even the Police don´t "have" or "use" BMW official software. They´ve got an "Order", take the Car to BMW and then BMW makes the Readout.

But this is only possible if you´ve got hard evidence (some people claim a stolen navigation, just to reinstall it after 2-3 hours. If you see this happening, we can work with the police, but that happens not very often.

As far as i know, you won´t get "official" BMW Software incl. BMW license, if you´re not an BMW Dealership. So if any lawyer Questions from "where" you have your Software / if you´ve got an "clean version" of it, your whole "plan" for court is destroyed, and if unlucky someone can press charges against you.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,709 Posts
I´m a company owner from Germany who works togehter with insurance companies, against insurance fraud.

go out and buy what you need, as you've already been told what is official and what is not, your planning on going to court and pressing charges with "unofficial" software
which only REINGOLD is, whether you are a BMW dealer or not. If you ever hit court with something other than OFFICIAL BMW software, be prepared to loose and pay costs
any decent defense lawyer will have you in knots.

Your talking about saving money for insurance companies on fraud but not willing to get what is needed and your also talking about prosecuting people, with what ? Carly, Schwaben by Foxwell
good luck with that mate

You've already had another member give you a reply, that was good advice also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts