Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through the Travel Section at my local public library, I found a book that might be useful to those of you who are planning ED this year. The book is from Frommer and is titled "Germany's Best Loved Driving Tours" (ISBN: 978-0-470-22693-3). The title is self-explanatory and it had 45 pages on Bavaria, including listings of accommodations, restaurants, plenty of maps, and addresses for practical information. It had a lot of useful information that I could have used during my ED. You can borrow the book from your local public library if they have a copy, or you can ask one of the librarians there to arrange for an inter-library loan.

Happy Driving in Germany.:thumbup:

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Browsing through the Travel Section at my local public library, I found a book that might be useful to those of you who are planning ED this year. The book is from Frommer and is titled "Germany's Best Loved Driving Tours" (ISBN: 978-0-470-22693-3). The title is self-explanatory and it had 45 pages on Bavaria, including listings of accommodations, restaurants, plenty of maps, and addresses for practical information. It had a lot of useful information that I could have used during my ED. You can borrow the book from your local public library if they have a copy, or you can ask one of the librarians there to arrange for an inter-library loan.

Happy Driving in Germany.:thumbup:
I have a copy of that book and it indeed does come in handy.... the maps and routes were very good and the information was accurate.:thumbup:

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a copy of that book and it indeed does come in handy.... the maps and routes were very good and the information was accurate.:thumbup:
Good to know that it was useful. I'm sure that I will look for it when I'm ready for my next ED!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Just try search by ISBN on Google and Bimmerfest post come up second! :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Oberbayer
1,592 Posts
Didn't know google is so quick.

·
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!
742 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have two Drive Around books, as well as the Motorcycle Journeys through the Alps (and etc.) book... also very good.

·
Bo-ma-win!
7,705 Posts
Sorry... but I disagree with most of you, as I find that book to be virtually worthless, as discuessed here about a month ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3348624&highlight=best+loved+driving+tour#post3348624

I suspect they've sold a TON of that book to the Euro Delivery Crowd here as it seems intuitive to get that book. It is the least liked tourbook I've purchased and I did so blindly by Amazon.com:rolleyes: I suggest you take a look at that book before you buy. Its good for 10 mins of reading and not usefull at all for my first ED trip some 10 yrs ago:tsk:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It was pretty useful for picking out the most interesting roads in each section of the country (highlited in a grey box in each chapter) and giving possible iteneraries and places to stop along the way. By itself, it isn't good enough though. I used Fordor's Baravia (because of the 2008 publish date) to actually give some detailed and useful information in the region. The "best drive's" book is a good companion book - but certainly not a standalone book.

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
Sorry... but I disagree with most of you, as I find that book to be virtually worthless, as discuessed here about a month ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3348624&highlight=best+loved+driving+tour#post3348624

I suspect they've sold a TON of that book to the Euro Delivery Crowd here as it seems intuitive to get that book. It is the least liked tourbook I've purchased and I did so blindly by Amazon.com:rolleyes: I suggest you take a look at that book before you buy. Its good for 10 mins of reading and not usefull at all for my first ED trip some 10 yrs ago:tsk:
+1 I bought the Frommers Italy and Germany drive books-didn't find them very helpful for ED. Got much better ideas from Bimmerfest. I'll be ebaying them soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts