BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Gertrag M Coupe video...wow.

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  1good1 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
:jawdrop:

:jawdrop:

Abt
...they bought a BMW Race engine from a swiss Race franchise (probably Mader, but I don't know for sure). So, a BMW z4 with a BMW-Audi-BMW-engine. And fast it is..."

#14 ·
Abt
... bought a BMW Race engine from a swiss Race franchise (probably Mader, but I don't know for sure). So, a BMW z4 with a BMW-Audi-BMW-engine. And fast it is..."
Looks like the original engine was a BMW race one built by a Swiss place. Raced by Abt on the Audi TT V8 and then bought for this project by Getrag.

#15 ·
Whoa! Some of the best 9 minutes I've spent in my life.:thumbup::thumbup:

#19 · (Edited)
It looks that way, but every "serious" Nurburgring lap I've seen looks the same...the car is very fast. I'm guessing 2400 lbs and close to 500hp (the Abt TT-R made 455hp restricted and was about 2200 lbs - see http://www.whel.de/Cars/abt_tt-r_2002_specs_en.html) It dispatched what looks to be a prepared 997 (turbo?) pretty easily as a gauge...and a few M3's were pushed aside like golf carts.

I love the opening scene down the front straight...raw, violent, unending acceleration. It's a German missle!

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.