Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird scenario that I can't figure if something is broke, or configured this way.

2017 - F15 I get out of the car to get gas, as I approach anywhere on the right side coming from the hood or the lif tgate end, the locks on the car start locking and unlocking repeatedly - gas lid too. Ignition is off, FOB is in my pocket and only happens when I'm on the right side of the car. I'm in my 6 month the the car and can't speak to anything that may have been done before me.

Anybody experience this too?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds like you probably have a faulty rear passenger door outside handle. If the microcircuit for the touch-to-lock has shorted out it could cause an issue similar to what you’re describing.
Does it do it if the fob isn’t near the right side of the vehicle?
If you have ISTA, go in and look at the status of the door handle to see if it is illogical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not do it if the FOB isn't near the right side. I'll pay closer attention to it now, but want to say it occurs quicker if approaching from the liftgate end versus the hood end, which to me would point more to the rear passenger handle as you suggested.

I'm intrigued by the ISTA suggestions after reading a little about it. Any suggestion to the best and reputable site to download the current version?

Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts