BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

41 - 60 of 608 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
I believe there is a two-year warranty on the replacment part. I seem to recall hearing/reading that somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pixels fixed

Today BMW Motowerks in Bloominton, MN fixed my VDO on the goodwill repair policy that BMW has in place. It cost me one hour of labor which was $98.00.

Thanks to this board I saved a great deal of money.

thanks

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Mr. ---------,

I just received a message from Lionel and he stated the parts only will be covered for you as goodwill. You will be required to pay labor.

Please contact Lionel at your convenience to set up an appointment.

Thank you.

Brandi

BMW of Dallas looked at my car, and confirmed the state of my instrument cluster, and looks like i'll get it replaced as soon as i can get in for an appointment! Hopefully will only cost 1hr labor, Lionel informed me it was 3 or 4 hrs labor :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's an hour. I'd call Brandi back and see about using a different dealership if they want to charge you more than $100-110.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Should be 1 hour of labor but different places charge different rates. I paid $125 for my hour of labor.

But my aftermarket warranty then covered the $125 so I got away clean! :D

·
2,741 Posts
:thumbup: to BMW of Dallas. Dropped my car off at 7am this morning, they gave me a Nissan Murano loaner :thumbdwn: , i wanted another BMW but beggars can't be choosers. Lionel Garcia (service manager) called me around 4 and said come pick it up. Arrived and was expecting the $114.20 for one hour, only to find that it took them barely any time to replace so they charged me $70 out the door. Cleaned up my interior, washed it, and detailed the wheels too! BMW of Dallas gets an A in my book, but im still doing all my own major repairs :) HIGHLY Recommended, speak to Lionel Garcia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Laertes, how did you manage to get them to pay for 100%? They told me the same thing, (50%) that's why I haven't brought my car in to get fix. Who did you complain to and what about?

·
2,741 Posts
RodimusPrime said:
Laertes, how did you manage to get them to pay for 100%? They told me the same thing, (50%) that's why I haven't brought my car in to get fix. Who did you complain to and what about?
Weird, they offered up 100% to me. Make sure you're going through BMWNA for the part.

·
BMW Enthusiast
20 Posts
I'm trying, too

Just purchased my '98 540i with problematic pixels and 117k miles. I sent my request email today. I'll post back to the thread with a timeline of progress. My local dealer is BMW of Chattanooga, TN.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only 50%

laertes said:
I emailed as you recommended and had a response by phone within 48 hours.
They offered to pay for 50%of new module.
I complained and they paid 100% 0f part - $168 for labor oop.
I am second owner 1998 540 - 102k
I too was given a 50% "Goodwill offer" from BMW. I have to pick up the balance of the part and 100% of the labor. I asked why things have changed and was advised that the decision was made on a "case-by-case basis." This is interesting. On what basis do they choose? Wondering what kind of "complaining" works and to whom. I have been speaking with Petra from BMWNA.

< 90

·
BMW Enthusiast
20 Posts
jiggapoo said:
Just purchased my '98 540i with problematic pixels and 117k miles. I sent my request email today. I'll post back to the thread with a timeline of progress. My local dealer is BMW of Chattanooga, TN.
I received a response email within 24 hours. I responded to their resopnse email on the same day and received a call from BMWNA about 2 days later. Just today (9 days after that original email) I received a call from Tim Green of BMWNA who offered to pay 50% on parts and 50% on labor. My "case": I've lived in Chattanooga for about a year and used the dealer for service twice. I've purchased at least $1000 worth of parts apart from dealer service, also. Both times I went in for dealer service they took three times as long as they said they would. I've not been impressed with this dealer. However, I've been to BMW dealers in Macon, GA, Knoxville, TN, Nashville, TN, and Oklahoma City--all were wonderful and did work on time! I'll post back when I get a final quote and take it in for service.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Interesting that BMW is only offering 50% towards the instrument cluster now. You guys should dig further...maybe even point them to this thread and ask, "Why?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cost recovery

My dealer just referred me to Customer Service at (800) 831-1117 for reimbursement. I paid full-boat to have a new one installed and today the Service Advisor acknowledged that BMW is covering the costs "primarily for original owners." Fortunately I am the OO.

I talked to a helpful and cherful woman named Karen this afternoon at BMWNA. She is forwarding my information to a group that is handling requests for reimbursement and said I can expect a call in the next few days. Thanks to bimmerfest I expect to be reimbursed. I will post the final resolution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I contacted Leonora and inquired about the pixel replacement. She replied within an hour saying that with 49K miles I was still covered under warranty.

Took it to the dealer and replaced no questions asked.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cost recovery

Closing the loop, BMWNA has agreed to reimburse me for parts. I had the work done earlier this year. Would have liked labor covered as well, but this will help. The root issue for me is still the fact that the dealer didn't step up and handle this as a wide-spread issue & fix.

A thank you to those on the forum for getting this topic on BMWNA's radar!

·
Registered
19 Posts
They just fixed my 540, only paid for labor...I pick it up tomorrow. I also dealt with Lenora. She approved it about a year ago...I finally got around to dropping it off Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing the results.

·
prehistoric bony fish
385 Posts
I e-mailed Leonora and she requested some info (contact, registration, VIN etc.) in order to assign me a representative. I supplied all info but haven't heard back from these clowns in a month. I sent another follow-up e-mail 2 days ago and still complete radio silence.

In all of my correspondences I've been extremely nice and will continue to be patient. I just hope at some point they can get their act together... :dunno:

*update*
Leonora just called me said I'll get a call on Monday from a rep. She apologized for the wait and said that my info. e-mail had just somehow gotten lost in the shuffle. The call 2 days after my follow-up made me feel a bit better. They seem to be on the ball. Now I just have to wait to see how much this'll cost.

·
prehistoric bony fish
385 Posts
coelacanth said:
*update*
Leonora just called me said I'll get a call on Monday from a rep. She apologized for the wait and said that my info. e-mail had just somehow gotten lost in the shuffle. The call 2 days after my follow-up made me feel a bit better. They seem to be on the ball. Now I just have to wait to see how much this'll cost.
I just got a call from Jay at BMWNA. He said that they'd pay opr 50% of the part and I'd have to pick up the rest and labor. I asked him why I was getting 50% when other people have gotten 100%.
He said:
"We deal with this on a case by case basis"
I told him that I don't need the dash replaced if that's the way it's going to be. He said he'd put in the authorization in case I ever wanted it done anyway.

It's time to write a letter. :thumbdwn:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
coelacanth said:
He said:
"We deal with this on a case by case basis"
So what was special about your case that they aren't willing to pay for 100% of the part?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Actually, my dealer will pay for the whole thing. no need to pay for labor or parts. Not even the 50 dollar copay. its all taken care of. So for all of you out there, try to tell them that its not your responsibility to pay for the labor since its CPO and all electronics are covered under the warr.
The only thing you might pay for is the copay.

41 - 60 of 608 Posts