BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
The interior looks to be in amazing condition. I can't believe how good the leather around the seats looks for a 25 year old car :yikes:

I noticed a rather odd shift pattern too. First gear is on the bottom below and over from reverse. :confused: Was that typical of early 5-speeds?

·
Registered
349 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: , WOW, i cant believe how nice that is. But the discrep. says 26k, but the odom says 42 :confused: . None the less, BEAUTIFUL!

·
-
643 Posts
BoostedE21 said:
:yikes: :yikes: , WOW, i cant believe how nice that is. But the discrep. says 26k, but the odom says 42 :confused: . None the less, BEAUTIFUL!
odometer reads 42k kilometers

·
The only cars to drive...
240 Posts
mwette said:
odometer reads 42k kilometers
Bingo. And the speedometer is in kmph. Pure Euro super car. (only 2 RHD M1s produced, too). Very few have popped up on Barrett-Jackson, too.

:thumbup:

now to find someone to donate to the 'get Vroomer an M1' fund. :bigpimp:

~Vroomer

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
Desertnate said:
I noticed a rather odd shift pattern too. First gear is on the bottom below and over from reverse. :confused: Was that typical of early 5-speeds?
That's the "racing H" - once you start moving, you never go back to 1st :) My old Porsche had that pattern.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
I think the double roundels on the rear was a bit over the top but otherwise what an amazing car!!! :thumbup:

·
Fest Veteran
101 Posts
gojira-san said:
That's the "racing H" - once you start moving, you never go back to 1st :) My old Porsche had that pattern.
Technically its the dogleg pattern found on the early Alpina cars and some ///M cars such as the M535i and the M6

That M1 is gorgeous, and I have the same climate control panel in my E21 :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts