BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car in for 1st maintenance service (I have only 10500 miles in 15 months of ownership) and complained of "excessive whining" in the transmission/drivetrain. The dealer/BMW techs agreed it was excessive and isolated the sound to the differential. They got approval to replace it from BMW. Only bad news is it will take two months or more to get the parts as it is on backorder, so they say.

This is just an FYI as the rest of the car is flawless.

They also tried to sell me an alignment which I refused as the car tracks very straight and true. If it ain't broke don't fix it was my philosophy here.

· flâneur en cabriolet
927 Posts
Hey Cal, I got a new SA - my old one moved to a new town. This one is a young guy who worked at this dealership as a tech for quite a few years....seems to know his stuff.

He said they'd install a Wavetrac or Quaife for me - I just had to bring the part in. And their labor rate is the same as my local indy....thinking about letting them do it for me.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
Hey Cal, I got a new SA - my old one moved to a new town. This one is a young guy who worked at this dealership as a tech for quite a few years....seems to know his stuff.

He said they'd install a Wavetrac or Quaife for me - I just had to bring the part in. And their labor rate is the same as my local indy....thinking about letting them do it for me.
Careful. Very soon after you'll be looking at FSD's....maybe more....la dolce vita!

Emoticon Yellow Facial expression Smiley Eyewear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.