BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from Rolf and he's unavailable on my date (8/14). The Kings Hotel has a shuttle that charges 80 or 85E, is that a decent rate? Does anyone have any suggestions on alternate transportation? We'll be going directly to the delivery center from the Airport.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Not sure what 80 or 85E is for but for a perspective, a taxi ride is ***8364;50 to downtown. I would imagine it would be maybe ***8364;30 to Freimann.

Rolf normally charges ***8364;45 to a hotel, not sure if it's the same to Freimann.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Take the Lufthlansa bus, it's E10. Get off at Nordfriedhof Ubhan stop and then it's a 5 minute ride to Freimann.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Take the Lufthansa bus, it's E10. Get off at Nordfriedhof Ubhan stop and then it's a 5 minute ride to Freimann.
That is a very practical idea. :thumbup:

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Cab is probably 50 euros, same as you would've paid Rolf.
Cab is more, Rolf is a great guy and makes sure he is cheaper than a cab.:thumbup:

Easiest/cheapest way without Rolf is to take the Lufthansa bus drop off your luggage at the hotel (If you are staying at the Marriot or Renaissance both are a short walk from the bus drop) and then take the train up a few stops to Freimann. My spelling is lousy lately so please forgive it.
IIRC it is about 15 euro per person this way and it gives you some relax time on the bus from the flight.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I heard from Rolf and he's unavailable on my date (8/14). The Kings Hotel has a shuttle that charges 80 or 85E, is that a decent rate? Does anyone have any suggestions on alternate transportation? We'll be going directly to the delivery center from the Airport.

Thanks,
Jon
Was Peter unavailable as well?

·
Registered
157 Posts
You could take the S-bahn to Marienplatz and then up. That would probably take almost an hour. I'm guessing the bus might be faster.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was Peter unavailable as well?
I don't have any contact info for Peter. Rolf did mention that he and all other "associates serious and accepted by BMW AG" are unavailable. Do you have contact info for Peter? It wouldn't hurt to send him an email and try..

Thank to everyone for the feedback. If nothing else it is good to know the Luftansa bus option exists.

Also I am planning to go right to the delivery center with my luggage, is that going to be a problem?

Regards,
Jon

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
I don't have any contact info for Peter. Rolf did mention that he and all other "associates serious and accepted by BMW AG" are unavailable. Do you have contact info for Peter? It wouldn't hurt to send him an email and try..

Thank to everyone for the feedback. If nothing else it is good to know the Luftansa bus option exists.

Also I am planning to go right to the delivery center with my luggage, is that going to be a problem?

Regards,
Jon
Rolf's note means he checked with Peter.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
IMO you gotta be nuts to blow 80Euros for a taxi. S-Bahn will cost you ~8E. Spend the 72E you save on lots of tasty beers! :beerchug:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rolf could not pick us up either

Rolf could not pick us up but he arranged for Peter to pick us up at the Airport on October 3rd and take us to Kings First Class Hotel for 45 Euro. Not sure if Peter could help you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts