BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Getting Hot - Help

274 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Stevochance 
#1 ·
Hello, 2002 530I

A week ago car was getting hot, finally discovered that the fan clutch wasn't working. So yesterday, I replaced the Radiator, Thermostat, and Fan Clutch. Had to jump start my car because the battery was dead, so jumped it, drove it around, and let it idle and charge for two hours in the drive way. When I turned it off, temp was normal.

Drove 25 miles to work this morning, everything was great, and temp was normal. When I got to work I did hear a little sound under the hood so I opened the hood and discovered what is in the picture. Not sure what this part is, but the little hose was not connected. Couldn't fix it at work, so decided I would take care of it at home.

Driving home was no good, got halfway home and the car was getting hot. Went to red and I stopped. I know you aren't supposed to open the overflow tank, but I did and added water. Sat there for 20 minutes, started down the road and temp went back to normal. About 15 miles later, started getting hot again. So I stopped, let it cool, checked the water and put about a pint into it. After 20 mins started home and made it home, and yes it started getting hot again.

I am going to fix the hose on that part (if you know what that is, please tell me), will bleed the cooling system again, and then see if it still gets hot. I am perplexed right now, because I thought last night that it was all fixed.

I really appreciate any ideas!!!
Thank you,
Stephen

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.