BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see you back! A friend just bought a Z4MR, we'll be at Sebring on Sunday.

Cheers
Yea, other cars just don't drive as crisp and don't have the awesome seating position. One of these days I'll get the turbo car down to sebring to screw around, I'll probably run slower then I did in the stock coupe though.

You still need to come check out the shop.

· Registered
474 Posts
WOW. As loud as the first HPF 2.5 guy I know talks about having the fastest BMW in the US, etc, I kinda figured we'd have completely lost you to your HPF 3! The fact that you're coming back after a complete rebuild of your HPF 3 to your specifications says a whole lot.

(As an aside, apparently the 2.5 is faster than 3+ because anything over 2.5 can't plant the power and has traction issues)

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
WOW. As loud as the first HPF 2.5 guy I know talks about having the fastest BMW in the US, etc, I kinda figured we'd have completely lost you to your HPF 3! The fact that you're coming back after a complete rebuild of your HPF 3 to your specifications says a whole lot.

(As an aside, apparently the 2.5 is faster than 3+ because anything over 2.5 can't plant the power and has traction issues)
Well, it's not that I'm not happy with the e46, it's what it was supposed to be, brutally fast. But it's nothing compared to the Mcoupe when it comes to handling/looks/interior quality.

And 2.5 might be faster with a moron driving the stage 3 on crappy tires, but I've already raced a 2.5 and walked miles. (he's my business partner)

Some videos for you.

· Registered
71 Posts
That's insane. I can't imagine that on a track unless mucho downforce was involved.

Well, it's not that I'm not happy with the e46, it's what it was supposed to be, brutally fast. But it's nothing compared to the Mcoupe when it comes to handling/looks/interior quality.

And 2.5 might be faster with a moron driving the stage 3 on crappy tires, but I've already raced a 2.5 and walked miles. (he's my business partner)

Some videos for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.