BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i went through the whole process of emailing corporate and the phone calls and getting an appointment @ my dealership to have my dash pixels fixed...

I got there and he quoted me $150-$200 for the labor :eek: ($138/hour)

i've seen other people on here getting it fo $50 or even free.

i havn't gotten the final price yet - but is it just me or is that estimate a little high for replacing my dash pixels display?:dunno:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Chewyz,
It should be no more than 1 hour labor from everything I've read. Usually BMWNA picks up 100% of the part, and you pick up 100% of the labor. Some people have gotten better splits from BMWNA, but I'm not sure what they did to get it. (Some have also gotten worse splits, with BMWNA only picking up 1/2 the cost of the part). And, labor is cheaper in some areas.

Rjim,
BMWNA will generally replace the cluster as part of a "goodwill" program, since they know their clusters had major errors.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They tried to tell me over the phone i needed a whole new cluster and I told them No, i just need the pixel display, somehow after just saying that they agreed - weird.

dealership told me its a $500 part i'm getting for free, so thats def a plus

·
Registered
81 Posts
Depends on how long you've owned the car. I've only been offered 25% for part coverage :(. Sucks.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
There is a massive thread about this in the e39 section...I had mine done for 400 and I was the third owner of the car...have a look

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
They tried to tell me over the phone i needed a whole new cluster and I told them No, i just need the pixel display, somehow after just saying that they agreed - weird.

dealership told me its a $500 part i'm getting for free, so thats def a plus
They will still replace the entire cluster even though you only need the pixels replaced--I was told this was because it is an integrated part and the pixel display cannot be replaced as a separate piece. Seems dumb, but that's the way it is. And yes, there is a long discussion on the 5 DIY section on this board.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
$400+ is more than I'd be willing to pay to fix a few bad pixels. I'd pony up for 1hr labor though. Goodluck Chew and keep us posted on how it turns out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts