Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crash Test Dummy
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to start my latest project for my X5 :D ... Today I picked up my set of OEM wheels which I had powdercoated black for winter and track usage. I bought a set of 10.5 wheels as I'll be running 315's all around :rofl: . They will get their first "spin" mid October during one of the track days at NHIS ... One of the reasons why I went with black is so I don't have to worry about breakdust anymore and the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes much easier than the current AC Schnitzer wheels (which wil need spacers in order to fit the Brembos, something for next spring)

I posted a couple of pictures on my web page at http://www.janixworld.com/x5/Wheels/

I will update the page as soon as I have photos of the wheels and tires mounted on the car ....

- Jan

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
jmh said:
I finally got around to start my latest project for my X5 :D ... Today I picked up my set of OEM wheels which I had powdercoated black for winter and track usage. I bought a set of 10.5 wheels as I'll be running 315's all around :rofl: . They will get their first "spin" mid October during one of the track days at NHIS ... One of the reasons why I went with black is so I don't have to worry about breakdust anymore and the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes much easier than the current AC Schnitzer wheels (which wil need spacers in order to fit the Brembos, something for next spring)

I posted a couple of pictures on my web page at http://www.janixworld.com/x5/Wheels/

I will update the page as soon as I have photos of the wheels and tires mounted on the car ....

- Jan
Welcome Jan - glad you made it here to the 'fest :thumbup:

·
Crash Test Dummy
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jeff,

just returned from a 4 week trip to down under and figured I'd check out the new home :thumbup: (see new thread for an article in Australia on the 4.8is/Cayenne Turbo)

- Jan

·
Hog Town
1,100 Posts
Good to hear from you, Jan. Those OEMs look chromed.
Oh, how did you make out at Mont Tremblant track over the summer?
Cheers,
P-

·
Crash Test Dummy
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The OEM wheels are actually powder coated (glossy) black (you basically can have them coated in any color you want). The shop I use has done a great job (scuffed the new wheels before coating them) at a very reasonable price (60$/per wheel for coating and 15$/per wheel for the scuffing). We will see how they are going to hold up over the winter.

I was unable to attend the event at Mt Tremblant as I had to take a business trip to China and Australia :cry: ... But I am planning on hitting NHIS later this month :thumbup:

- Jan

·
Welcomed to the 'Fest!
696 Posts
jmh said:

- Jan
Welcome Jan!

Wow, you went all out. I'd love to see those things mounted. I actually think that they'd look lovely on my Steel Gray. :D They're black but so glossy they almost look like black chrome. You really get a sense of how big 20" wheels are when you see them relative to the cargo area of the X5.

Can't wait to see pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts