BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellllllo all

I finally got word that I am getting redelivery on 7/29 :rofl: .

So here is the timeline...

Ordered.... 5/12
ED pickup...6/12
ED Dropoff..6/13 (Munich)
Car loaded on MIGNON ... 6/24
Arrived NY .... 7/7
Cleared to BMW ...7/18
On Truck ... 7/21
Redelivery .. 7/29 (Promised date)

Let's see how this timeline holds..... So it is 46 days (6.5 weeks) :mad: from drop-off to redelivery.

What has your experience be like.... :angel:

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
Congrats! In no time you will be tooling around in your "new" car!

Post some pics when convenient.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some cool pics that I took in Munich, but have not had time. As soon as I came back from MUC, I had a business trip to California, then to Austria, and then took a vacation to Australia, New Zealand and Korea. I should find time to post a few pictures, I suppose.... So here they are....

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
mp_tpa said:
Hellllllo all

I finally got word that I am getting redelivery on 7/29 :rofl: .

So here is the timeline...

Ordered.... 5/12
ED pickup...6/12
ED Dropoff..6/13 (Munich)
Car loaded on MIGNON ... 6/24
Arrived NY .... 7/7
Cleared to BMW ...7/18
On Truck ... 7/21
Redelivery .. 7/29 (Promised date)

Let's see how this timeline holds..... So it is 46 days (6.5 weeks) :mad: from drop-off to redelivery.

What has your experience be like.... :angel:
I'm also in my last few days, dropped off 4 days before you in Munich, but I'm a left coaster... I was able to track to the US port without BMW's help, but I'm curious how did you get those dates for "Cleared to BMW" and "On Truck"? All my dealer told me was "ETA is 7/22", which was 3 days ago, and he didn't seem to know if that was for arrival at the port, VPC or dealership. Did you hear these dates from your dealer, or did you contact BMW NA or what?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx guys!! I really like the color despite ordering that color without having seen an example.

BOBPED, I got the "Cleared to BMW" part from the EH Harms agent in NJ. Then the rest was provided to me by the dealer, but they are not accurate. Yesterday (25th) the dealer mailed me saying the car is at the dealer and I can pick it today (26th). But I am out of town, so I will pick it up tomorrow. Did you get any more definite whereabouts? How many days will it be from drop off to redelivery? Mine is 44 days...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts