BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having the valve cover gaskets and front timing cover seals changed out in 1 week due to oil leaks and i was wondering if there is any other gaskets or things that should be changed while the mechanic is there? also he is charging me 1050.00 for parts and labor dealership wanted about 2800.00 he works at the dealership but does jobs on the side...03 745 118k miles

thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
im having the valve cover gaskets and front timing cover seals changed out in 1 week due to oil leaks and i was wondering if there is any other gaskets or things that should be changed while the mechanic is there? also he is charging me 1050.00 for parts and labor dealership wanted about 2800.00 he works at the dealership but does jobs on the side...03 745 118k miles

thanks
Thats a great price, had that done and they did charge that price at the dealership - warranty covered it. Not sure what else is done - induction service?

·
Registered
24 Posts

thanks
Do you have any white smoke/ blue puffs from your exhaust when you accelerate from idle coz they say this is from worn out valve seals which are farely cheap but a nightmare to put in. Might wanna find out if you are getting that work done.
My car puffs like crazy especially when the engine is hot and it is embarrasing to the on lookers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts