BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my parents got me a used 06' 325i sedan in Sparkling Graphite for my first car. I love it, but it's so stock, and I'm ready to change that. I don't have enough money for rims, so I'm thinking about powder coating my stock 16s matte black or a gunmetal/car color. In addition, i think I'd like to get a matte black grille, and possibly tint the tail lights a little. I haven't seen my color with either color rims, and would appreciate some input and hopefully some pictures of examples.

Also, I hate the orange part of the headlight. What's the best way to take care of this without risking the light itself?

I also hate the cheap looking exhaust pipes; would like black ones. Anyone know of a website where I could order a pair for cheap?

I'm a newb, enlighten me peoples

Attachments

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Hmmmm... you may enjoy the E92 forum more. I understand more posters there are into those sorts of mods.

Congrats on your car. I sure hope you appreciate your folks!

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
I think ProfCook meant to re-direct you to E90Post.com ... the crowd there is generally younger and more into modding out their cars...

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Right, winter. Thanks.

OP, you're quite welcome around here. Every forum has its own personality (and personalities).

Oh... and be careful parking right up against a curb. Looks like you got lucky on that last one. If that curb had been just a tad taller...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Right, winter. Thanks.

OP, you're quite welcome around here. Every forum has its own personality (and personalities).

Oh... and be careful parking right up against a curb. Looks like you got lucky on that last one. If that curb had been just a tad taller...
Looks like he didn't have to work hard enough to get this car :rofl: ;) JK, OP, enjoy it. Take care of HER and SHE will take care of you.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,903 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful car! Your folks got you a very fun car that is also very safe, but don't go testing out the safety features. :)

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Congrats on your newly acquired vehicle, enjoy :)

·
about the mini part....
1,085 Posts
Start out with a M-sport 335i at 17...so an Enzo at 35? :thumbup:
Well technically my first car was my 98' Wrangler at 15, then my mom's old 04' X3 at 16, so I guess you could say I'm moving up quickly. :p

The only way to get rid of the orange is to bake the lights, replace them, or tint the corners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
16. I mean I got a job to pay for the insurance so I guess I earned some of it.

No one has any input about the black rims? or the matte black grille?

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
www.getbmwparts.com is your friend. You'll find the black grille there, but I believe it is glossy, not matte...

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
I got my matte black grilles from Turner Motorsports. As is obvious from my sig, I like it.

I'd say, if you like the black wheels, go for it. Why don't you take a good pic of the vehicle, photoshop the wheels, and see if you like the result. You might also get an idea by using the vehicle visualization tool on the Tire Rack website.

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
Bimmerfest for fixing / DIY repairs, E90post for modding is usually how the E9x BMW community works. there are a few of us that are into modding around here, though. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Also try bimmerforums.com. Younger demographic and more members into after market add on's. Very clean looking car! Congrats and welcome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts