BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after agonizing over this and getting loads of pro and con opinions I'm getting a venture shield clear bra, full hood cover and front quarter panels applied this week. It's running $800.00

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think you will be happy with it, especially on a dark colored car. That price sounds a bit high, however, where are you getting done? I'm in the Philly area and paid around $425 for partial hood (wrapping around some of the quarter panel), full front bumper, and two side mirrors. Was going to do full hood, but decided to just do partial...of course that's where the only rock chip is so far. Ha.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A place called Shades of Gray. They do window tinting and protective coatings. The full hood piece si expensive just for the material, I checked it out on the ventureshield website. I have had some dings up near the top of the hood. I had the front end repainted a couple of months ago and want it completely protected.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Gotchya. I actually just emailed them last week to get a price on tint, but they don't use the Llumar CTX (ceramic) tint only metallic, which kind of shocked me as they look to be a very reputable shop. Are they using computer cut materials or custom cut for the Ventureshield? Just curious, as the place I had mine done did computer cut and it looks fine but doesn't wrap around the edges for that extra protection. No biggie, though. They also had a hell of a time doing my side mirrors and actually just gave up. I have to get them redone, so I wouldn't recommend them because of that. Let me know how it goes and I might go to them to fix my mirrors, but never heard back from them on tint when I mentioned the Formula Pinnacle (ceramic), other than they don't do ceramic. Good luck, I def think the clear bra is worth it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I've had Ventureshield for a for years now (paid more than what you are looking at) and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got the 3M Clearshield which cost me $1000, but I have a 335IS which has the M Sport bumper (I think it too them 2+ hrs just to do the bumper - 6+ hrs total). Plus I had the first 15" of my hood done, mirrors, rocker panels and behind both front and back wheel wells done. Other than the hood, it's very difficult to notice that the clearshield is on and I like the fact that the car is somewhat protect from crap hitting my car.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts