BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
what does it cost? have you considered Eimann Fabrik HI-Intensity clenaer? it's $20/galon and can be diluted even further (I prefer 50%).

sorry to say but there almost nothing from Griot's that I can't live without. you can almost always find an equivalent product somewhere else for less. they do have great customer service, though. :)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Well, I'm biased in the opposite way. I have and use almost every product they have and find it hard to find equal quality at any price (with some exceptions)

I think that the interior cleaner is a can't live without as is Speed Shine and window cleaner. The rest are judgement calls (wax, clay, polish)

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
the EF-HI is pretty good as well and is a prety decent alternative to P21S wheel cleaner which was actually my first choice. at $20/gallon (and you should dilute it with at least 25% water), you can't beat it.

I picked up on this stuff over at autopia-carport.com (a BBS for detailing geeks).

griots may be a ine cleaner but it's not the holy grail of wheel cleaners. I think P21S would be the holy grail of the price weren't so high ($90/gallon). as you can see, EF-HI is a great alternative.

in liu of a wheel cleaner, you might opt for waxing your rims. I just tried that on my 330 and it works great so far. most of the dirt hoses right off. the remaining layer comes off easily with a spong and regular car soap. using a wheel cleaner subsequent to waxing will strip the wax right off. there have been some folks that have tried waxing their wheels with les than good results. since I have observed excellent results, I'd suggest they sprayed wheel cleaner on the wheels and washed the wax away.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
for the record, my all time favorite wheel cleaner is still meguiar's #36. it's not available in bulk and it is probably already diluted to the point that you really don;t want to add any more water to it.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
I used up my P21S wheel cleaner and got the one from BMW yesterday, my wheels were super dirty so it didn't work that well, but I think it's about the same as the normal P21S cleaner. The Gel one is absolutely the best though, but P21S is so damn expensive!

I look at my Griot's catalog regularly, I think I'll have to place an order after I move into my house! they got some really cool stuff... although I have a feeling that everything they sell is way overpriced.

--Andrew

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I have Griots wheel cleaner (bought it mainly because its 'BBS approved' and my wheels are made by BBS) and its the best non-hose-off product I've used. It smells nice, which is a nice contrast to some of the stuff I've tried that smells like it'll melt the paint right off along with the brake dust.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Kaz said:
I have Griots wheel cleaner (bought it mainly because its 'BBS approved' and my wheels are made by BBS) and its the best non-hose-off product I've used. It smells nice, which is a nice contrast to some of the stuff I've tried that smells like it'll melt the paint right off along with the brake dust.
what u meant by non-hose-off? how do u use it?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
ayn said:

what u meant by non-hose-off? how do u use it?
Well, I mean you need to agitage the crud with a sponge (included) or something before you hose the stuff off.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that point.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
I find that you have to agitate the crud with all wheel cleaners. I just do it anyway. if a cleaner is really so trong that it gets all the dirt off by simply hosing it off (no scrubbing) it's probably damaging your wheels as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.