Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2019 X3 M40i since October.

Every once in a while my guidance (or is it navigation?) comes on by itself. It always tries to take me home. I will cancel guidance only for it to come back on a few minutes later. This is not an issue at all times, sometimes there is no issue for days, then it starts up again. Thus, it'll be problematic to recreate at the dealership.

While my iphone 6s is always connected to the car, I rarely talk on the phone while driving. Last time though, guidance came on while I was on the phone and I was not able to turn it off. I literally turn it off and it comes right back. I did this for the entire time I was on the phone (about 20 minutes), hence I am thinking it might have something to do with my phone.

Anyone else have an issue like this? It's creepy as heck.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would suggest to first try turning off all the apps directly on your phone. What navigation app is coming up on the phone and displaying on the screen and giving directions?

·
Registered
194 Posts
YES! This just started happening on mine. I entered a destination on 2/12/18, drove there, canceled the navigation, and ever since when I start the vehicle the NAV starts up and tries to send me there. I never had this problem with my '15 and I just passed the one year mark with my '18. Might have to call my "genius" about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts