BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 328is and I was thinking about getting glass pack mufflers put on. I have heard good and bad things about glass packs. Do you guys think this is a good idea or do you have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I would not put them on a BMW, I like loud exhaust but I think there are way better exhaust options for your 328

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
Might as well straight pipe it :thumbup:
pretty much what a glass pack or cherry bomb is, its the bare minimum as far as a muffler goes. Dont bother, if you want a loud muffler you can have my stock one, its really really loud for some reason :p

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
I was thinking about putting glass packs on my M3 once, but I decided it would probably be a better idea to just repeatedly punch myself in the c0ck.
No regrets so far.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I was thinking about putting glass packs on my M3 once, but I decided it would probably be a better idea to just repeatedly punch myself in the c0ck.
No regrets so far.
If you actually had a c0ck, you might regret it. Oh well.

Poor, poor SC. :tsk:

(My bad WOT, that's what happens when I'm still up at 5.15 and decide to post....haha. Now you might wanna edit your post too.)

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
pretty much what a glass pack or cherry bomb is, its the bare minimum as far as a muffler goes. Dont bother, if you want a loud muffler you can have my stock one, its really really loud for some reason :p
mines loud too...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It is not how loud it is, it is the drone that just gets irritating from the drivers seat you can not talk over that drone you need to find another way.
on older V8's I have had many with dual exhaust and 2 glass packs and they sound great, it does depend on the car.

·
95325i on bimmer*****s
422 Posts
It is not how loud it is, it is the drone that just gets irritating from the drivers seat you can not talk over that drone you need to find another way.
on older V8's I have had many with dual exhaust and 2 glass packs and they sound great, it does depend on the car.
I totally agree with that, having to deal with that drone would drive me nuts

It feels like I am back on the cavalier forums again! You have a BMW spend the money on a good exhaust system. Please do not cheap out and go rice route

·
Registered
33 Posts
very true. i agree 100%.

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
No regrets so far.
I haven't been on the fest in a while....and i open this thread and bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Thanks Phil, for that, thank you....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I put glass packs on a while ago they sound nice on the freeway but are too loud going about 30 I wouldnt do it if I where you but they do only cost about 25 bucks each and give it a nice raspy sound and when at idle it sounds sorta like a muscle car. If I could go back in time I don't think I would do it again but it's up to you. I took mine off and put the stock exhaust back on just because I got sick of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts